autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea but sometimes it boils down to marketing and society’s perception, over actual substance... Make a great commercial and place it at the perfect time when the whole world is watching and see what happens. Heck, people were going nuts over sorry cars like the Dodge Dart, Mitsubishi Highlander [or is it Outlander]? and a bunch of other lame cars simply based on a captivating commercial.

The reality is that the smart buyers are outnumbered by the less smart who are hooked by what’s perceived to be “cool” or even high quality.. Just look at Mercedes Benz for example, they’re not top notch these days the way they’re perceived to be, at least their entry level vehicles aren’t. And their fake leather [aka M-Tex] is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen in any luxury vehicle.
    MB went downhill when they owned a Chrysler. It bled them. They have been getting better since getting rid of them. Look at the reliability of the E Class ( their bread & better). CR shows it’s been reliable and is recommended. As for their entry level CLA. They did it to get the low end of the market. As C&D said in their review, pay 1/2 for a MB, get half of a MB. It’s not truly representative of a Real (for lack of a better word) MB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    MB went downhill when they owned a Chrysler. It bled them. They have been getting better since getting rid of them. Look at the reliability of the E Class ( their bread & better). CR shows it’s been reliable and is recommended. As for their entry level CLA. They did it to get the low end of the market. As C&D said in their review, pay 1/2 for a MB, get half of a MB. It’s not truly representative of a Real (for lack of a better word) MB.
    I agree about the C Class. IMO alot of people who buy those cars are trying hard to look the part, but probably would’ve been better off buying a well equipped Honda or something.

As far as the higher end Mercedes being reliable, isn’t it more like reliable if they’re properly maintained? And doesn’t that proper maintenance usually cost a fortune? Not saying that’s a dealbreaker or anything, because TBO anyone who sets out to buy a high end luxury vehicle better have the money to handle it.

I’m not sure if the situation in the dudes video is typical, but it’s interesting and entertaining to see the insane list of recommended maintenance this Mercedes SL55 AMG needs when he has the dealer take a look at it.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Do you still have a copy of it? I am really curious to see what they inquire about!

In my mind, it would all be based on issues with the vehicle. So for instance, a car that doesn't have good handling, or has a bad power delivery should not be part of the list. What they want to know is if the car is reliable, not if it's a good car.
    No, they were done online with a code I received in the mail. It wasn't even reliability questions! It was dumb things like "how does the ac work while in the back seat?" SO useless!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    No, they were done online with a code I received in the mail. It wasn't even reliability questions! It was dumb things like "how does the ac work while in the back seat?" SO useless!
    My questionnaire from CR didn’t have that type of questions. It asked me if I had any problems in specific areas like suspension, fuel line, brakes, paint & trim, electronics and quite a few more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Do you still have a copy of it? I am really curious to see what they inquire about!

In my mind, it would all be based on issues with the vehicle. So for instance, a car that doesn't have good handling, or has a bad power delivery should not be part of the list. What they want to know is if the car is reliable, not if it's a good car.
    My questionnaire had all to do with issues with the car. Nothing about if the AC worked well in the rear. Nothing about how it handled or power delivery. CR does it’s own testing for those. They rely on subscribers answering questions about reliability of the vehicle in specific areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Derek has drill this weekend where he's doing some road miles, so its going to be interesting to hear about its mileage on a pure freeway trip as well as driving impressions on this trip. So far alot of people are rubbernecking over his car but then again he's in Detroit, not alot of those around there. I've seen about 7 of them out here but then again I'm in Chicago, noone is "brow beaten" into buying/driving American here like back home. Heck, I've seen countless used import cars with union worker bumper stickers on them, LOL, you'd never see that back home.

Looking forward to he thoughts on Monday!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

***BREAKING NEWS***

Hyundai to offer 3 pedals on the G70 While you're here, 2.0L turbo and RWD only.

I know there aren't going to be many opted for but tip of the enthusiast cap for trying, a lot more than GM, Ford and FCA are doingYes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***BREAKING NEWS***

Hyundai to offer 3 pedals on the G70 While you're here, 2.0L turbo and RWD only.

I know there aren't going to be many opted for but tip of the enthusiast cap for trying, a lot more than GM, Ford and FCA are doingYes, I bought a KIA

How does this vehicle compare to the CTS-V?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How does this vehicle compare to the CTS-V?
    Well, they are both RWD and have 4 doors but that's about as far as how they compare, LOL. The Hyundai has 255 hp while the CTS-V has 640 HP, quite a price difference too.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are both RWD and have 4 doors but that's about as far as how they compare, LOL. The Hyundai has 255 hp while the CTS-V has 640 HP, quite a price difference too.

tip of the enthusiast cap for trying, a lot more than GM, Ford and FCA are doingYes, I bought a KIA

I was expecting some real competition after reading your previous comment.Yes, I bought a KIAlol.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast