autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    People don’t realize how much a difference the cables we use make a difference. Same with connecting our music through Bluetooth…. Convenient but atrocious sounding.

Same if you listen from a CD to streaming. Sad how music quality in general has fallen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I watched a video short on TFL's YouTube channel the other day, comparing an 08 MB GL450 with a 24 GLS450, $8k v $92k, one of the things they showed on the old one was how clunky it is to put CDs in behind the fascia, but didn't show anything on the new one because there's nowhere to put CDs in the new one. So it's either radio, USB, or streaming I guess. Premium sound system I'm sure, but lousy sources.

I was looking at replacing my Kenwood head unit in the FJ after a firmware update removed Android Auto from it, with no warning, but all the new ones don't have the ability to play CDs or DVDs, so I think I'll pass, even though I mostly play music off a USB.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mowed the lawn again today, nothing exciting about that, but seeing a couple of neighbours doing the same, I noticed one guy was doing it in a different order. So I thought I'd ask what you guys do.

I do the edges then mow the lawn, I used to have an evil whipper snipper (edger) that was difficult to start, and I didn't want mow the lawn and not be able to do the edges, leaving it looking like a half done haircut. Also the catcher or mulcher on the mower deals with all the clippings from the the edger while you mow.

The guy up the road mows, then does the edges, leaving clippings all over the path and the lawn that he then uses his blower to "clean up".

So what order works for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I mowed the lawn again today, nothing exciting about that, but seeing a couple of neighbours doing the same, I noticed one guy was doing it in a different order. So I thought I'd ask what you guys do.

I do the edges then mow the lawn, I used to have an evil whipper snipper (edger) that was difficult to start, and I didn't want mow the lawn and not be able to do the edges, leaving it looking like a half done haircut. Also the catcher or mulcher on the mower deals with all the clippings from the the edger while you mow.

The guy up the road mows, then does the edges, leaving clippings all over the path and the lawn that he then uses his blower to "clean up".

So what order works for you?

So when you do this for a living, you learn how to put things in order to best utilize your time and prevent doing things twice. In other words, improve your efficiency and time management. And every job is different, so you get into order for each property.

1- Edges are ALWAYS first. Why? Because cutting the edges makes mess, which is not collected when it cuts like your lawn mower does.

2 - I then get the leaf blower and blow the edge clippings and any other debris/leaf litter onto the lawn. This includes street gutters and patio areas ect.

3 - I then mow. This also picks up the material I have blown onto the lawn from the above step.

If I'm careful, I can often avoid getting the leaf blower out again after cutting the lawn, which means more time saved.

I often see so-called "professional's" screw this up, as in they blow large amounts of lawn clippings and debris into the street and leave it there. Not only is that completely lazy workmanship, it's also less efficient. If they moved their steps around, they would leave the property sooner and in a neater state. And by not leaving grass all over the street, the neighbors wouldn't be complaining or labeling all lawn mowing contractors as sloppy hacks.

5. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent the better half of an hour reading up on the R390 GT1.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took off my detailing hat and put on my geek hat. I took my robotics team to our first competition of the year. They placed second and qualified for the state’s championship. Looks like this will be my life for the next 6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Spent the better half of an hour reading up on the R390 GT1.
    That looks like it would be tough to park. Especially if there were speed bumps in the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

went and had therapy today on my double knee replacements

11. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The soundbar I added to my garage TV setup lasted about a week, it was just too annoying. The sound was flat, it had no base even though it's supposed to have two built-in subwoofers, and it has no in built memory, so I had to re-enter whatever base and treble settings i use every time I turn it on. So I dug out my old Sherwood A/V receiver and a couple of big speakers I had sitting unused. I spent $28 on timber to make a stand for the receiver to sit in, it's in the garage, so it doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. I also added a screw to hang my Georg Jensen barometer on. I also have a Bluray DVD player hooked up, and Chromecast so I can stream detailing videos.

13. Likes DFB, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am celebrating the detroit lions winning their second playoff win since nineteen fifty seven!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I am celebrating the detroit lions winning their second playoff win since nineteen fifty seven!!

I was a couple weeks short of turning 22 yrs old the last time we won a playoff gameWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 336 of 356 FirstFirst ... 236286326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346 ... LastLast