autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    My fishing kayak arrived yesterday
    I tested it out this morning at my parents house for a couple hrs

1st fish caught in it was 5lbs 4oz
    Attachment 76883Attachment 76884Attachment 76885Attachment 76886Attachment 76887

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

That’s a nice freshwater Bass!

Here is a bluefish I caught recently, and a Black Sea Bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

034 Motorsport had a sale going so I got the rear sway bar I've been looking at ordered up for my new daily.

3. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New shoes finally came in!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Well 48 hours after I accept my offer letter for a promotion on third shift my wife's old manager calls and says "Firing you was a mistake we want you back." She started Monday...so now I'll have play money, quite a bit.

I contacted my local preferred tuner shop and inquired about a stage 2 for my GLI. They talked me into just jumping to the APR Stage 3 with the IS38 turbo. The Golf R/S3 factory turbo. With supporting mods(of which I already have two of the four) the car will be roughly around 400hp at the crank, a little under. Up from around 230hp. Lots of vroom vroom!! I love OEM+ mods too and the IS38 is just that. Mates to my OE downpipe and I plan on keeping my exhaust stock. I want a sleeper. If I did do anything it would be a downpipe of course. I feel us VW guys have to choose downpipe or catback, but not both. Both is just too loud and obnoxious for my liking.

I will be making the appointment in about a months' time after two of my wife's paychecks land.

Next year will be intercooler hopefully, or tires, if I find wheel hop is an issue.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Well 48 hours after I accept my offer letter for a promotion on third shift my wife's old manager calls and says "Firing you was a mistake we want you back." She started Monday...so now I'll have play money, quite a bit.

I contacted my local preferred tuner shop and inquired about a stage 2 for my GLI. They talked me into just jumping to the APR Stage 3 with the IS38 turbo. The Golf R/S3 factory turbo. With supporting mods(of which I already have two of the four) the car will be roughly around 400hp at the crank, a little under. Up from around 230hp. Lots of vroom vroom!! I love OEM+ mods too and the IS38 is just that. Mates to my OE downpipe and I plan on keeping my exhaust stock. I want a sleeper. If I did do anything it would be a downpipe of course. I feel us VW guys have to choose downpipe or catback, but not both. Both is just too loud and obnoxious for my liking.

I will be making the appointment in about a months' time after two of my wife's paychecks land.

Next year will be intercooler hopefully, or tires, if I find wheel hop is an issue.
    Great news!

It's like that old saying. "If life gives you lemons, just wait a little bit and you'll be able to burn rubber through 3rd"

7. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, SNP209, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was doing the coating I heard a loud pop, figure out what it was today when I back out of the garage. Spring blocks were still in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do today non-detailing related?-pxl_20230809_193340029-jpg  

9. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post

With a turbo it would benefit from down pipes and exhaust HP wise. But yeah will be louder. 400hp a lot for the VW… should be a fun drive.

Pics?

11. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6th week post rotator cuff surgery. First PT appointment today so I’m on my way back. My polishing arm is still too weak to use a CBeast but I have the desire for driveway therapy!

Post Thanks / Like

I serviced my K&N air filter, honestly it's been a few years since it was last done. I took it out yesterday, sprayed the cleaning solution and let it sit then rinsed it under the tap, and used a long bristled brush to remove all the dead bugs. I'm guessing the bugs get all the way in because I have the snorkel, which is front facing. Before I had the snorkel fitted the air came in from under the front right guard, pretty sure no bugs would get up in there driving around. I let it dry overnight, sprayed the oil on it today, then sprayed some more till the colour was even, I even left it out in the sun to ensure the oil evened out.

As you can see there's still some dust stuck in there, but I didn't want to hit it too hard with the brush. There's obviously one part that gets a more direct air flow, where the most dust is collected, and I flip it around occasionally, so there are 2 dark spots, maybe I should alter the air flow inside the box.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oil change on my car today. Oil filter wouldn't come off with the cup style filter wrench. Had to go out to harbor freight and get a pliers type oil filter wrench that crushed the crap out of it but got it off. Dealing with that and it being 87 out wasn't ideal. Pretty exhausting. Somehow got a badge of honor too. Must have been when I was carrying stuff out to the trash can.

Page 296 of 356 FirstFirst ... 196246286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306346 ... LastLast