autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I changed the tail/brake light bulbs in the FJ. I've fitted some LED DRLs to the front, and they are wired to come on with the park lights, so my tail lights are almost always on when I'm driving. I decided to change to red LED bulbs, why not.

I took the covers off, and realised the access holes are made for small hands, I can get my hand in, but I can only just touch the back of the socket. Why do they make these access points so small. Long nose pliers do the trick, but I have to be careful, I don't want to break anything.

Success. New bulbs fit fine, and work whichever way you put them in, which isn't normal for LEDs, and they're brighter. Old glass bulbs still worked, but they're a bit black inside, so I don't know how long they had left. Also noticed they're made in Japan, so they'd be original, 12 years old and still going, cool.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    How about the headlights DaveWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How about the headlights DaveWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I have experimented with LED headlight bulbs, I've bought 2 different sets to try out, the first just put out a blob of light, I had to aim the headlights all the way down so I didn't blind everyone, the second had a better pattern, but the light was uneven, they had hot cold spots within the pattern, then they developed an intermittent flicker, very annoying. I also found that I had run them with a load ballast, or hi-beam wouldn't trigger the relay for my LED light bar, so they ended up drawing just as much current as my halogen bulbs.

Separate to all that, no LED replacement bulbs are legal for on road use, they're not compliant with the Australian Design Rules, although nobody seems to care, I've never heard of any one getting pulled over or fined because of them. I could get ADR approved complete LED headlight assemblies from someone like Stedi, but they'd be about $800.

I'm currently running Narva Long Life bulbs, the filament is much thicker than standard, they're no brighter, but the pattern is good and consistent.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Ran cleaners thru the washer and dishwasher.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I have experimented with LED headlight bulbs, I've bought 2 different sets to try out, the first just put out a blob of light, I had to aim the headlights all the way down so I didn't blind everyone, the second had a better pattern, but the light was uneven, they had hot cold spots within the pattern, then they developed an intermittent flicker, very annoying. I also found that I had run them with a load ballast, or hi-beam wouldn't trigger the relay for my LED light bar, so they ended up drawing just as much current as my halogen bulbs.

Separate to all that, no LED replacement bulbs are legal for on road use, they're not compliant with the Australian Design Rules, although nobody seems to care, I've never heard of any one getting pulled over or fined because of them. I could get ADR approved complete LED headlight assemblies from someone like Stedi, but they'd be about $800.

I'm currently running Narva Long Life bulbs, the filament is much thicker than standard, they're no brighter, but the pattern is good and consistent.

Even though my 2008 4Runner/Hilux Surf came with the world's dimmest halogen bulbs, it was factory fitted with projector lenses with the proper horizontal cutoff

Over the years I have run several sets of HID and LED bulbs without all the blinding of oncoming traffic issues

I put in some wicked HIR bulbs designed for the Dodge Viper in the high beams over a decade ago and they are still running strong

I also replaced the stock ARB fog lamps twice over the years and they failed both times so I got the custom filler plates for the fog light cutout and put in the LED lights

Along with the Lightforce Strikers wired to selectively fire up with the high beams, and rewiring the low beams and the LED "fog" lights to stay on when I hit the high beams I can put out an amazing amount of light

I’m sure your LED light bar is way brighter than my old school halogen Lightforce Strikers though

Hitting kangaroos and moose at night sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took my new toy out and put a hundred rounds through it and got the red dot sighted in. I’d say this one is a winner. Ridiculously easy to shoot and just a fun gun to add to the arsenal.

Just pretend those two holes to the left aren’t there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Took my new toy out and put a hundred rounds through it and got the red dot sighted in. I’d say this one is a winner. Ridiculously easy to shoot and just a fun gun to add to the arsenal.

Right after telling my wife I haven't shot since my bachelor party.

Two years ago....lol.

I saw my AK going for nearly $3k on gun broker not sure when that became a thing but OK.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

"Oh no! I shoved my anarchy flag through my water lilo!" - Jeremy Clarkson

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I immediately thought of Super Troopers too lol

13. Likes MisterSnoop, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter enjoys Top Gear. When a car starts going around a track or driven aggressively, either that or the accompanying cinematics get her quite excited as she starts squeeling and bounching. Makes me so proud 🥹

15. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 306 of 360 FirstFirst ... 206256296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316356 ... LastLast