autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've never done this to mine, what did you use?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dishwasher Cleaner Liquid 8.45 oz Fresh | Finish(R) US

Also did the washing machine today. Several products for this too in the laundry isle. TIDE makes a good one.

Tide Washing Machine Cleaner

I try to do both about every 3 months or so.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Swapped winter treads for 'non-winter' treads. It's surprising how much wheels affect the look of a vehicle.

4. Likes opie, Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    Swapped winter treads for 'non-winter' treads. It's surprising how much wheels affect the look of a vehicle.

Absolutely and in your case its not just style but size tooWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Modern cars can be so frustrating. The battery in the Qashqai died yesterday. I don't get to drive it too much, it seemed ok last week, but yesterday I couldn't even raise the driver's window, wouldn't start of course, and it was only showing 7-8 volts.

I called the mobile battery service this morning, when he arrived the first thing he wanted to do was jump start it, to ensure the alternator was charging fine. He attached his jump pack, and I tried to start it, nope, there was a loud click and all the dash lights went out. Probable popped fuse, but which one. He then spent 40 mins checking 3 different fuse boxes, no luck. There may even be a fourth fuse box according to google, but that's under the bumper somewhere.

So it's going to be towed to the nearest dealer, covered by roadside service, who were going to supply the battery.

Anyone know how to release an electronic parking brake without power, I really don't want to have to drag it out of the garage with the parking brake still on.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a Coolaroo wand operated roller shade installed on the front porch yesterday. Just for the area we sit. For PRIVACY! It is really nice! PERFECT. Got the size needed at Lowes and local handyman did the install yesterday. It will be time to set up the porch soon. The shade should have been done long ago!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

9. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Made a cocktail 'The District'

Ginger liqueur, rye whiskey, lemon juice, bitters and orange bitters, turbinado simple syrup

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a new to me project truck
    00 silverado 1500 2wd
    Already added these 18" wheels What did you do today non-detailing related?-20230406_150514-jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Modern cars can be so frustrating. The battery in the Qashqai died yesterday. I don't get to drive it too much, it seemed ok last week, but yesterday I couldn't even raise the driver's window, wouldn't start of course, and it was only showing 7-8 volts.

I called the mobile battery service this morning, when he arrived the first thing he wanted to do was jump start it, to ensure the alternator was charging fine. He attached his jump pack, and I tried to start it, nope, there was a loud click and all the dash lights went out. Probable popped fuse, but which one. He then spent 40 mins checking 3 different fuse boxes, no luck. There may even be a fourth fuse box according to google, but that's under the bumper somewhere.

So it's going to be towed to the nearest dealer, covered by roadside service, who were going to supply the battery.

Anyone know how to release an electronic parking brake without power, I really don't want to have to drag it out of the garage with the parking brake still on.

If I was at work I could access the service information, but can’t at home. Nothing in the owners manual about what to do in case of?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    If I was at work I could access the service information, but can’t at home. Nothing in the owners manual about what to do in case of?
    Nothing that detailed, it's all about functionality, with some transmissions it operates automatically, others not, and how to use it in an emergency, yeah, pull it up, and hold it up till you stop, and ignore any alarming noises or smells that may come from it, same goes for your sphincter I suppose if all you've got left is your electronic parking brake.

Thanks anyway, I have to call the Nissan dealer on Tuesday morning before getting it towed, they may have a way of releasing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Nothing that detailed, it's all about functionality, with some transmissions it operates automatically, others not, and how to use it in an emergency, yeah, pull it up, and hold it up till you stop, and ignore any alarming noises or smells that may come from it, same goes for your sphincter I suppose if all you've got left is your electronic parking brake.

Thanks anyway, I have to call the Nissan dealer on Tuesday morning before getting it towed, they may have a way of releasing it.

Let us know what the answer is…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 262 of 356 FirstFirst ... 162212252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272312 ... LastLast