autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thieves Strike Again!!

So this past weekend on Saturday I was attending my nieces wedding. I happened to have had in my trunk my large Blackfire bag with my beloved Rupes 21 mkii, a makita rotary, pc7424, some pads and various polishes. I was helping out a friend earlier with some paint transfer removal so thats all i had in the trunk of my Camry. Well when it came time to leave I noticed a couple of things out of place. It was nothing big that would cause me to suspect any foul play. My girlfriend was with me and she tends move things around when we drive. Sunday morning I go cycling but I drive my subie because it has the bike racks. Come today in the morning I begin getting my checklist of everything I need for a detail, I open my trunk and my bag is missing. I backtrack and I realize last time I saw it was before the wedding, when I pulled out my nieces gift from my trunk. But I know for a fact I locked all my doors once I shut the trunk. Not only that but my car automatically locks on its own. I called up my sister today and apparently I wasn't the only victim. A lot of people had items stolen from inside their vehicles, even side view mirror covers were stolen. What baffles me is that my car was locked, but there is no sign of break in. It is the case with many of the other victims as well. Im about to file a police report, however, Im not sure I can do much without proof of a break in. So if you're in the SoCal area along LBC where the theft took place and you see any of these polishers including the large Blakcfire bag for sale let me know. I personally have marked them. And now to replace all these items. It sucks but what can I do. I hope there are some sales in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thieves Strike Again!!

Certainly the police are going to take a report if a number of people all reported thefts at the same event.

Sorry this happened, particularly if cars were locked and there's no sign of forced entry. Usually when you hear about this kind of thing the cars turn out to have been unlocked.

Post Thanks / Like

well, my buddy got his car stolen. the kids had a programmer that picked up signal of the unlock/lock/start. unlocked the car and stole it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ascarbo27 View Post
    well, my buddy got his car stolen. the kids had a programmer that picked up signal of the unlock/lock/start. unlocked the car and stole it.
    Yeah, or that's another possibility, you hear about these things but you never really know how common they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I'm sorry for your loss. I really hope you find your stuff. God bless you positive attitude. If it happened with me, I would have a heart attack.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about this at some point in time these leeches will get what's coming to them...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ascarbo27 View Post
    I was thinking this was going to be the case, especially since so many people had valuables stolen. I made certain the doors were locked just because I know how bad long beach can be. Lesson learned though.

Post Thanks / Like

yea, hope you get your stuff back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usmcpab View Post
    I was thinking this was going to be the case, especially since so many people had valuables stolen. I made certain the doors were locked just because I know how bad long beach can be. Lesson learned though.
    So wait a minute, you were all parked on the street? Or inside a, you know, place they have weddings?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So wait a minute, you were all parked on the street? Or inside a, you know, place they have weddings?
    All the victims were parked on street as the hall ran out of parking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast