autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer! 6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Hey, like I said it looks almost identical to the core of my Shop•Vac -- the part that pops out to become a leaf-blower -- and not only is the thing a tank, it puts out serious air, way more speed and volume than my "200 mph" 12 Amp Chinese electric leaf blower. I imagine it's the same unit, only wired to blow out the smaller hole... thus increasing muzzle velocity and pressure.

Yup, I agree…. they look almost identical to one another…

I use the orange hose as a dedicated vacuum and the black one as a dedicated blower.

I ended up cutting the black hose in half to keep it from hanging down and possibly marring the paint.

Still wondering how ours compares to the DP blower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer!  6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!-blowvac1-jpg   Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer!  6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!-blowvac2-jpg   Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer!  6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!-blowvac3-jpg   Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer!  6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!-blowvac4-jpg   Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer!  6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!-blowvac5-jpg  
    15' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech
    Snowflake Pearl / Black Leather Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer! 6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!

Like others here, I was hesitant to drop the money on the master blaster. I always used an electric leaf blower and thought it was doing the job well..... until I used this beast. Not only did it cut my drying time in half, it was pretty fun to use!! It is not loud at all, actually quiet compared to the electric leaf blower. I can see some people saying its heavy after a while of drying however I do think those users are rare cases. It puts out a serious amount of air and was very effective to dry, didn't have to use a rag at all. Most of all, the 35ft cord is a WIN. It made the machine so much easier to use and put away. Autogeek hit it out of the park with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~TumbleWeed~ View Post
    Yup, I agree…. they look almost identical to one another…

I use the orange hose as a dedicated vacuum and the black one as a dedicated blower.

I ended up cutting the black hose in half to keep it from hanging down and possibly marring the paint.

Still wondering how ours compares to the DP blower.
    The instruction manual is from Shop Vac. Doesn't state which model though.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks great. But I'd like to see it tested on an unwaxed car. We all know that waxed cars dry really easily, but if this thing can dry a neglected car then it can dry anything...

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isewake View Post
    The instruction manual is from Shop Vac. Doesn't state which model though.
    Shop Vac manufactures it to our specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    This looks great. But I'd like to see it tested on an unwaxed car. We all know that waxed cars dry really easily, but if this thing can dry a neglected car then it can dry anything...
    Well of course it's not going to perform as well. How's that a test when everyone already knows the answer? I can't think of a single person on this forum that doesn't have a wax, sealant or coating on their vehicle. If they don't, then they're on the wrong forum!

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider one if it came with a strap maybe even a backpack type. That would make it a more attractive purchase... keep it out of the way and less worry accidentally hitting the car with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Well of course it's not going to perform as well. How's that a test when everyone already knows the answer? I can't think of a single person on this forum that doesn't have a wax, sealant or coating on their vehicle. If they don't, then they're on the wrong forum!
    So I need to have a waxed car that's already repelling water to use this properly? What a cute little toy

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    So I need to have a waxed car that's already repelling water to use this properly? What a cute little toy
    Surface tension created by waxes/sealants/coatings sheds water, which makes it easier to dry your car regardless of the method you choose (towel, blower, racing down an on-rap at 100 mph, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

My personal car has nothing to do with this, I work on a lot of neglected cars and was trying to find out what this machine is capable of. But thank you

Post Thanks / Like

This has been a real time saver for me and it's CORDLESS!

480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower $200 EGO 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower-LB4801

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast