autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer! 6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I'll gladly offer a $25 merchandise credit to anyone that has an issue with the hose not staying attached. I'm very peculiar like a lot of you are (nothing wrong with that!) so I totally understand the frustration of buying a new tool that has an annoying quirk. This project was my baby from the start and it kills me that several of you are having an issue that I have yet to experience in my all testing.

We used two of them over the weekend at our Detailing Boot Camp class and didn't have any issues. I'm going to experiment with a "worst case scenario" using these two units to see what I can find.

Otherwise, the only fix at this time is to apply a bead of super glue (get the good stuff, not the $1 cheapo tube from Dollar Store) to hold the hose in place. We're working with Shop Vac to see if any changes can be made to solve this issue for future units.

My thought (not that it has any basis) would be trim adhesive, not super glue. This might keep hose intact?)

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing the DP Turbo Car Dryer! 6.5 Peak Horsepower Blower for Drying Your Car!

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    My thought (not that it has any basis) would be trim adhesive, not super glue. This might keep hose intact?)
    That's a great suggestion as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    What is trim adhesive and where do you get it? Is it at automotive parts store (ie NAPA)? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isewake View Post
    What is trim adhesive and where do you get it? Thanks

Auto trim adhesive

Get at good auto parts store (make sure it's name brand)

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great suggestion as well.

Is it?

IMHO super glue would dry too quick, and possibly tear the hose. That's the reason for my thought

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the trim adhesive worked. Tugged on the hose a bit and it didn't come off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isewake View Post
    Seems like the trim adhesive worked. Tugged on the hose a bit and it didn't come off.

Cool

Let it set up, then give it a real test with the blower going and using it to dry

Post Thanks / Like

So I just got mine last week. I 9nly had a few minutes to try it out. So I hosed down my wife's car hood and blew it dry. The hose stayed attached, however the concentrator nozzle did shoot off once. Luckily it is soft. Maybe user error, will hopefully be able to give it a good test this weekend.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    So I just got mine last week. I 9nly had a few minutes to try it out. So I hosed down my wife's car hood and blew it dry. The hose stayed attached, however the concentrator nozzle did shoot off once. Luckily it is soft. Maybe user error, will hopefully be able to give it a good test this weekend.
    Make sure the included clip is tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure the included clip is tight.
    Yeah, make it really tight. I used some mini-vise grips to get it as tight as possible and blew stuff around my room and at my girlfriend to make sure the nozzle was on tight before even attempting it on my car.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast