autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Attention Pinnacle Black Label fans...

I know there's been much discussion here of the variety of shortcomings of natural waxes. And what some of the advantages of synthetic sealants, and coatings bring to the table.

I've also read the observations of shortcomings of synthetics here and there also.

Some have said that chip damage can possibly be more severe with a synthetic versus a wax. It appears a wax product with solvents somehow softens, and nurtures the paint, lessening the severity of a errant rock-etc.

With that said, I assume many coatings, and sealants don't possess this quality, the paint may be sealed with a product, but is such as healthy for a paint long term?

Couldn't the same be said about leather, that a form of sealant might protect against spill damage, or dye transfer, etc, but what about the nourishment of the leather itself?

That even if one chooses to then use a wax over a sealant, or a coating, such as the "Ice over Fire" that many like, does the wax then actually penetrate through the sealant to somehow nourish-feed the paint?

Which brings it all in a nutshell then, "do modern paints benefit from the solvents-carriers in natural wax products versus being sealed-coated"?
    Without being periodically "fed", are they possibly more susceptible to premature failure, or ageing?

With that question tabled, then what about older paint systems on vintage vehicles which were of course at one time solvent based?

Hope no one has minded these questions-observations of mine, and hoping they are seen as constructive-productive to this thread.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nat88 View Post
    I see the lost of slick over time with PBL coating. I wonder if it's true about protection up to 3 years as in description?
    just because slickness is gone, doesn't mean your protection is.....just sayin'
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna Pick up the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster

Figure that if the Coating does start losing that slick feeling over time and just as any enthusiast does with a touch up wax coating or spray wax touch up. Mine as well have something to touch up the coating from time to time.. Even though I am looking forward to the use of this coating I just can't see myself washing the car and then saying ok all finished up.

ON the other hand I will prob not be picking up the Coating detailer unless it goes on BOGO at some point.. a bit expensive for me for 8 oz.

Also considering picking up the carpro reload while it's on bogo to do a little comparision..

But I'm new to all of the coatings and this is my first go round. some of the postings above have brought up some good questions and points that give me a little worry to the products longevity.. Either way I look forward to reading more info on this coating and hope to share a review soon myself after FL returns to around 65 degrees plus hopefully in the next few weeks.
    in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:6

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...agreed if PBL booster, detail or shampoo are with BOGO

Maintenance kit within 8 oz is too expensive for 100 bucks

This morning I did sealant and wax another car.... like other guys..still loving to do it compared to coating...even i have 2 of them under "coating", it's just me, isn't it? lol

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer the commonly asked questions in this thread:

These products are not a "band aid" for a possible "short coming" of a PBL coating or ANY coating for that matter. As an Auto Geek, we have a difficult time leaving our vehicles alone - as in it's impossible to do something to them and leave it be.

These two products are the first of their type that offer users of coatings a way to further enhance the finish.

Just like a wax or sealant, a coating slowly degrades, which is why most of them (Opti-Coat being the exclusion) have a durability rating of X amount of years. Just like you use Crystal Mist with Souveran, or Wet Diamond Polymer Spray with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, these products are designed to maintain the gloss, slickness, and protection of the coating.

What a spray wax is to carnauba waxes, Diamond Coating Booster is to coatings.

What a spray detailer is to carnauba waxes, Diamond Coating Detailer is to coatings.

Understand?

Our goal with these two products was to provide a solution to the commonly asked question after someone coats their vehicle, and that's what do I do now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nick for the clarification!!!

Now what about Obama Care?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for providing the above answers, Nick...

I knew I had seen your "wax-boosters" analogy before:
    It still rings true!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ss-washes.html

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Understand?

Yep, got it.

And yet another "kit" has already been ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

So, when is the black label rinseless and waterless wash coming out?

My collection of 600gsm microfibers is clambering for some nano-ceramic particle lovin'.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a current paint coating user and couldn't be happier with what its done for me this brutal winter but it seems these coatings have a rating of 2-3 yrs right now and ofcoarse the deteriorate over time like stated earlier. That said, I see nothing wrong with adding to the shine but since PBL is supposed to outshine all the others, how could you see the difference. I'm not putting down the product but rather asking.

I've been using AW and my "FrankenDetailer" which has KSG infused into it and couldn't be happier with how my coating looks.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast