autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks Marc, I completely missed it.

Has anyone bit on the new coatings?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW! DP Paint, Wheel, & Glass Coatings + Coating Prep Polish!

Quote Originally Posted by mavin View Post
    So PBMG has come up with a new, proprietary coating that simply sprays on and wipes off, lasts 2 years, is stronger than factory clear coat, and can be topped?

What's the catch? Sounds too good to be true.
    There's a reason we didn't come out with a coating 2 years ago - GREAT things take time.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I'm not saying this is a bad thing in any way. I've got a garage full of PBMG's house products and 95% of them exceed my expectations and the abilities of competing products. I'm sure these coatings deliver, but I wonder if they are as durable as stuff from 22ple and CQuartz UK.
    I encourage comparisons.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, all these glass/silica coatings all have a different concentration of glass/silica. It seems boosting the amount of "active ingredients" makes for a heartier product (and likely a costlier one), but can also make the product fussier to apply.

The paint coating claims UP TO 2 years durability. "UP TO 2 years" means anywhere from 1 day to 730 days to me, AKA it MAY last 2 years under ideal circumstances, or it may last less time. The product also states it contains polymers, which means to me it contains a traditional sealant component, like Deep Gloss Liquid Seal.

So, I'm wondering if the paint product MAY have a lower concentration of glass/silica in it. The lower price point, multiple applications per bottle, a distinct wheel coating (without polymers listed in the description), and ease of application all seem to hint at this to me.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing in any way. I've got a garage full of PBMG's house products and 95% of them exceed my expectations and the abilities of competing products. I'm sure these coatings deliver, but I wonder if they are as durable as stuff from 22ple and CQuartz UK.

Maybe I'll win the giveaway and be able to post a review and do some testing. Or, maybe someone will win the giveaway who we will never hear from again. Who knows?

I do know if I was in the market for a silica/glass coating I would be trying these products from DP, as 15 or so applications for under 50 bucks is like nothing else out there. Even if it only lasts 6-8 months, that means you could still get 7 years of LSP out of a bottle. With the ease of application it's a no brainer.

The question come in on those that charge money to customers to apply a coating. So many applications per bottle would make your profit go sky high, as the cost per application could be under $5, as opposed to $50-$100 for competing products. But, if they don't last as long as expected, that won't make it worth it in the long run.

Only time (and testing) will tell.
    Thanks for the input. I am *this* close to ordering and trying it out to post my thoughts.

Nick: Do you recommend/is there a benefit of putting a layer of BWFD on top of the paint sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon View Post
    Hmm this looks damn intriguing at the particular price point and with the size of the bottle... If they can yield the same performance that wolf's products have for the glass and rims, but last 1 year, it's easily a no-brainer product.

Nick, what's the shelf-life on these things? I'd imagine while OC is perfect for an enthusiast with 1-2 cars, if you can get 10 cars out of it, it'll last a person with 1-2 cars a long time.
    Also, is it layerable for someone who wants added thickness to act as a greater sacrificial barrier for scratches?
    Shelf life is indefinite - we have yet to have a coating "expire."

Applying multiple coats of the paint coating is more likely to create high spots. One coat is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    For the mean time, will the paint coating work for the trim as well?
    On some applications, yes, but it won't last as long as a dedicated trim coating.

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    Just a "little" remark: ml = cc...
    Our copywriter is aware of that, but 99.9% of people are not, which is why both are listed. Great catch though!

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    Nick what is the best way to refresh this coating since it lasts so long. I'd like to try the kit.
    There really isn't a need to refresh it, but if you're a gloss-addict, then any quality spray wax will do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavin View Post
    Thanks for the input. I am *this* close to ordering and trying it out to post my thoughts.

Nick: Do you recommend/is there a benefit of putting a layer of BWFD on top of the paint sealant?
    BFWD creates a unique look that is sought after by a lot of people. If you dig this look, then yes, I would top Detailer's Paint Coating with BFWD.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the differences between the coatings? Would I be able to buy the glass coating to do my glass, and also apply it to the wheels? Or buy the wheel coating and apply it to the glass?

I'm not that interested in the paint coating, as I just have WAY too much sealant to use up, and it lasts me the 6 months after application before getting detailed again (once in the spring, once in the fall). But the wheel and glass coating would be of interest to me, but I don't want to buy two bottles of product where one would work.

So, if you could, please let me know why glass coating couldn't be applied to the wheels, or vice versa?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ijm5012 View Post
    What are the differences between the coatings? Would I be able to buy the glass coating to do my glass, and also apply it to the wheels? Or buy the wheel coating and apply it to the glass?

I'm not that interested in the paint coating, as I just have WAY too much sealant to use up, and it lasts me the 6 months after application before getting detailed again (once in the spring, once in the fall). But the wheel and glass coating would be of interest to me, but I don't want to buy two bottles of product where one would work.

So, if you could, please let me know why glass coating couldn't be applied to the wheels, or vice versa?

Thank you!
    Nick said wheel coating was tailored to higher temps. And I'd imagine glass coating is more hydrophobic than whee coating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ijm5012 View Post

Thank you!

The original plan was to formulate a coating that would work on glass, wheels, trim and paint. That idea was scrapped early on and it was decided to formulate specific products so there wouldn't be a compromise in protection or ease of use for each respective surface (ie: paint, glass, wheels). The trim coating is still in the testing phase.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, all these glass/silica coatings all have a different concentration of glass/silica. It seems boosting the amount of "active ingredients" makes for a heartier product (and likely a costlier one), but can also make the product fussier to apply.

The paint coating claims UP TO 2 years durability. "UP TO 2 years" means anywhere from 1 day to 730 days to me, AKA it MAY last 2 years under ideal circumstances, or it may last less time. The product also states it contains polymers, which means to me it contains a traditional sealant component, like Deep Gloss Liquid Seal.

So, I'm wondering if the paint product MAY have a lower concentration of glass/silica in it. The lower price point, multiple applications per bottle, a distinct wheel coating (without polymers listed in the description), and ease of application all seem to hint at this to me.

Maybe I'll win the giveaway and be able to post a review and do some testing. Or, maybe someone will win the giveaway who we will never hear from again. Who knows?

I do know if I was in the market for a silica/glass coating I would be trying these products from DP, as 15 or so applications for under 50 bucks is like nothing else out there. Even if it only lasts 6-8 months, that means you could still get 7 years of LSP out of a bottle. With the ease of application it's a no brainer.

The question come in on those that charge money to customers to apply a coating. So many applications per bottle would make your profit go sky high, as the cost per application could be under $5, as opposed to $50-$100 for competing products. But, if they don't last as long as expected, that won't make it worth it in the long run.

Only time (and testing) will tell.
    Very well said! EXO and a few others are also hybrids . I don't put these in the same bucket as OC Pro or CarPro Finest. The proof will be worth the wait!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Nick, you know anyone that have tested this coating before you guys sell it?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast