autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW! DP Paint, Wheel, & Glass Coatings + Coating Prep Polish!

Did the Camaro yesterday. Everything turned out great. I used the Paint Coating and the Wheel Coating. Hopefully I will get the write-up done this weekend. I failed miserably as far as pictures go but there are some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesalanb View Post
    Used the paint coat today right after it came via fedex! The hard part about the process in my opinion is spreading the product as Nick and Mike have described. I was working on a silver 2000 corolla, pretty small panels, and it was taking well more than the 4-5 sprays for hood/roof and 2 or 3 per panel. Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of product left in the bottle but I felt like I was using way more than I expected to, like 6-8 on big panels. I was spreading with the gold finger pocket apps just like recommended. Product doesn't haze or linger and evaporated (bonded?) very fast. I didn't run into many high spots but I buffed each panel or section after application. No Streaking anywhere, so that's a plus. This stuff smelled strongly of alcohol, being a spray and working in a carport, I caught a couple of whiffs.
    Reflection is exactly what I'd expect from any quality coating or sealant. again, its a very light silver, so expectations had to be tempered.
    Overall it was an easy product to use but I think the light silver color made it just a tad difficult to track my application. It was applied to my mom's car, so I'll have to go to her place to check beading to make sure I got the coverage that I think I did. Time well tell on the durability...
    Looks good! I agree with you on how much product had to be used. Still a lot left but I can't see getting 15 cars out of a bottle.

I was working on white paint and had a hard time keeping track of where I had applied it as it does flash off very fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so, 4-5 sprays for entire hood or half a hood? How about a sedan door 2-4 sprays? How quickly does it flash after applied to a section? Did you guys light buff after each section? Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
    Ok so, 4-5 sprays for entire hood or half a hood? How about a sedan door 2-4 sprays? How quickly does it flash after applied to a section? Did you guys light buff after each section? Thanx
    6-8 for this small hood, each door was 4 or so, and they're small doors. for me, it flashed almost immediately after 1-2 "swipes" on a section, it doesn't drag or soak an applicator like we're used to wax doing. That's why I felt like I had to use so many sprays. I buffed after every section.

Post Thanks / Like

6-8 for this small hood, each door was 4 or so, and they're small doors. for me, it flashed almost immediately after 1-2 "swipes" on a section, it doesn't drag or soak an applicator like we're used to wax doing. That's why I felt like I had to use so many sprays. I buffed after every section.
    Have you ever used wowa sealants before? With those sometimes you feel like its not spreading or applying, but it is. Perhaps that's the case here? Just curious!

Excellent first impressions fellas! The car did look good. Love when silver is at its shiniest.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Closest true wowo would be Fuzion, which I know isn't the same thing in any way. When I say it flashed fast, I got literally a full swipe or two. Maybe it was spreading more than that, but if so, I couldn't see it in any way. That being the case, I felt I had to spray additional to ensure coverage. My Milan was sealed in June and topped with Fuzion and now D156, I may strip that in the next few weeks to see if a color with depth makes it easier visually.

Post Thanks / Like

Closest true wowo would be Fuzion, which I know isn't the same thing in any way. When I say it flashed fast, I got literally a full swipe or two. Maybe it was spreading more than that, but if so, I couldn't see it in any way. That being the case, I felt I had to spray additional to ensure coverage. My Milan was sealed in June and topped with Fuzion and now D156, I may strip that in the next few weeks to see if a color with depth makes it easier visually.
    My car is dark grey and I am hoping it will be easier to see when I coat mine. It flashed very fast for me as well. Panels were cool as it was 65-70 degrees out when I was doing it. I buffed with a purple super plush after doing each section.

Post Thanks / Like

Wors did a review on it and he used the suggested amount. If its a wowa, as described, you're going to think its not applying but it is. I had this issues with UPGP when I first tried it. I was like 1 spritz per panel, no way? Turns out yeah, it's only one or two. . I imagine of you sprayed water the next day over areas you thought you missed, you'd see some beading action. I'm just assuming obviously and thinking out loud mostly.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this stuff have an IPA scent by chance?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Does this stuff have an IPA scent by chance?
    Paint coating... very much so.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast