autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren F
    How much different would it be as compared to a spray sealant like a AJT or something along those lines?
    AJT still needs some final buffing, this is a true wipe on and walk away deal. Durability claims are 3 months plus and many are touting much longer. We will see ....

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino claims up to 9 months on CS, which is why I purchased it.

It's super easy to apply, yet the look doesn't stand out from other products that I own, as some of the Zaino fan boys may try and tell you it does. Although, my car is a metallic grey which which may play a part.

For those interested I did half of my hood with Zaino ZAIO topped with Zaino CS and the other half with Optimum Poliseal topped with Duragloss Aquawax.

there is no visual difference between either side of the hood, and guess which one was cheaper... The real test is durability I guess (although Aquawax is so cheap and goes on and off so easily it's no task to throw on another coat here and there). I won't be topping either side until one starts to fail.

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds awesome for a seriously lazy bones like me!! Is it here yet????

I wouldn't go more than a couple of months without applying a new coat of anything, however, no matter how long they say it lasts. Learned that the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad to see someone else has used Z's CS and found the same results. It works easy enough, but look is rather sterile. Seems to be going back to original plastic look more than newer Pro look. I have seen it , used it, on black, silver, and gold. It did only take 10 minutes to seal an entire Suburban however !!

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on trying the Optimum and Ultima versions as well...

I'm not a Carnuba guy so I don't have any on stock to see how CS looks ontop of it, which is one of the selling points of CS. If it really does add sealant protection but maintains the nuba look then a lot of people might like it.

It's like you said, it goes on super fast and if it does have a long lasting protection then I will probably keep it around, otherwise I have cheaper products for a similiar look and as I said earlier Aquawax is easy and fast enough to put on once a week or once every couple months.

It's exciting to see the jump in technology though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I am glad to see someone else has used Z's CS and found the same results. It works easy enough, but look is rather sterile. Seems to be going back to original plastic look more than newer Pro look. I have seen it , used it, on black, silver, and gold. It did only take 10 minutes to seal an entire Suburban however !!
    I have never tried CS but i find the whole product line to iibe as you described. Nothing special.. i dont plan on using CS but i will be trying some of the other no wipe sealents

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have used it, was it over multile Z2/5Pro Layers? I think CS is most optimal with the full zaino system.

Post Thanks / Like
    no I didn't apply three layers of z5 2 layers of z2 with a spray down of z6 between layers etc etc etc...

I applied CS ontop of ZAIO, as prescribed. If you have to apply multiple other layers to see the full benefit of a whipe on walk away sealant then it loses its whole appeal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    no I didn't apply three layers of z5 2 layers of z2 with a spray down of z6 between layers etc etc etc...

I applied CS ontop of ZAIO, as prescribed. If you have to apply multiple other layers to see the full benefit of a whipe on walk away sealant then it loses its whole appeal.
    I agree with you completely, see my post on Rental Truck Detail. I used CS with nothing under it as most would for a truly fast and quick detail. 15 minutes for a Suburban was great, the look however was NOT all that special.

I truly hope they keep the look of RD49, which I tried, when moved to the no wipe formula from David. Also wondering what the Optimum product will bring, I hear both are due in April.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Seal is done. Labels and bottles are now in the workings.

Which is better, Opti-Seal or Clear Seal? I would have no idea and I would sugest that it's all in the eye of the beholder although some who have used both give a slight edge to Opti-Seal in looks, Clear Seal gets the nod in slickness. Maybe someone will try Opti-Seal topped by Clear Seal or vice versa, eh?

More information will be posted up as I get it.

Anthony

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast