autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hasn't Scottwax from Autopia been using Opti-Seal for a long time now? Seems like the guy is getting great results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    Hasn't Scottwax from Autopia been using Opti-Seal for a long time now? Seems like the guy is getting great results!
    no, if memory serves well, he just got it to go head to head against the Z. He has been an avid Werkstatt user for the last year or two. In truth, he'd do amazing with Turtle Wax because he consistently prep's properly.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Opti-Seal is done. Labels and bottles are now in the workings.

Which is better, Opti-Seal or Clear Seal? I would have no idea and I would sugest that it's all in the eye of the beholder although some who have used both give a slight edge to Opti-Seal in looks, Clear Seal gets the nod in slickness. Maybe someone will try Opti-Seal topped by Clear Seal or vice versa, eh?

More information will be posted up as I get it.

Anthony
    Good to hear. Some have said ClearSeal is more "Clear" in the sense it enhances the characteristics of what it covers. While OptiSeal is more wet/warm. Alot to do with which prep system you use, and personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that Opti-seal is much more vibrant and wet looking over CS. Scottwax seems to be having a ball with it, and for good reason.

Anthony an ETA would be graticious ....

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Well it seems a new technology is upon us all. Several sealants will be soon to market with a true wipe on .... no wipe off paint sealant. Within a couple of minutes any residue disappears. Interesting tidbit is it seems these can be used over a carnauba in order to seal in the look.

I am pretty comfortable AG will carry the Optimum version (opti-seal) and maybe the new Ultima Line w/ polycharger additive (name t/b/a). Whats your thoughts ???
    GeeeeeeeeeeeeZ , WHAT NEXT ,,,,,ROBOTS TO DETAIL OUR CARS?? what happen to the glee of wiping down and smilin at the final chapter of our hard work'THE FINAL BUFF DOWN.........
    Last edited by BILL; 03-21-2007 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    I dunno about the no buff sealants. For me its therapy to buff. Maybe I am just old school....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like buffing off the wax or sealant residue ...I like to see what I get after the haze is removed...plus what better way to work up a thirst for a cold beer or cocktail...

The no wipe sealants would interest me in the late fall ..put my regular sealant on and then a no wipe over that for the added protection..

But when warm weather is around..I enjoy waxing and wiping and having Stevie Ray Vaughn on the tune box and having the dogs stealing my towels...

At 55 I try to stay active..good cardio exercise ....LOL...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek

It appears that Opti-seal is much more vibrant and wet looking over CS. Scottwax seems to be having a ball with it, and for good reason.

Anthony an ETA would be graticious ....

Well we finalized the label today so now we are just waiting on the printing of that label to be done....so roughly *maybe* around a week, week and a half.....but no one hold me to that

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    I like buffing off the wax or sealant residue ...I like to see what I get after the haze is removed...plus what better way to work up a thirst for a cold beer or cocktail...

The no wipe sealants would interest me in the late fall ..put my regular sealant on and then a no wipe over that for the added protection..

But when warm weather is around..I enjoy waxing and wiping and having Stevie Ray Vaughn on the tune box and having the dogs stealing my towels...

At 55 I try to stay active..good cardio exercise ....LOL...

Al
    Actually you can look at Opti-Seal as a sealant that you wipe in and buff out all in one step....there is just no hazing up of the product.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Since AG has always been such big supporters of Optimum, and carried it pretty much from the start, dont you think a couple (LARGE) samples are in order for the mods ?????!!!!!?????!!!!???!!!??!!! (will beg for Opti-seal)

Scott

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast