autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Car Wash Products

Quote Originally Posted by nothelle View Post
    NXT for me, Gold Class shampoo is more expensive however don't see any added value in term of better look, suds, etc.
    Hummm.....where do you buy NXT that is cheaper than Gold Class?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using NXT now, I like it.

Does anybody remember DuPont #7 powder? I used to use that a lot, didn't like watered down liquids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I started to use a Meguiar's wash that I can't even remember the name of right now, it was in a 16oz bottle and was fluorescent pink.
    Sounds like the Meguiar's Soft Wash Gel. I used to use that years ago. It was pink and in the 16oz bottle, like you said. I think they still make it actually.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    Sounds like the Meguiar's Soft Wash Gel. I used to use that years ago. It was pink and in the 16oz bottle, like you said. I think they still make it actually.
    Son of a gun, you're right, they do still make it! I haven't seen that in the store in forever...in fact I'm not sure I used to buy it in the regular store, years ago (before the internet) I used to go to paint & body stores to get my Mirror Glaze fix--maybe that's where I got it. Maybe I just haven't been looking--I have enough car wash to last until approximately 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    I use Megs Gold Class. I like it a lot, and its easy to get a hold of OTC. But I haven't tried anything from AG yet. If I'm gonna buy OTC its Gold Class for sure. But now its got me thinking, if I was gonna get some car shampoo from AG what would I get? . . . . hmmmmm
    Get a Dodo Juice one, like Born to Be Mild. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The Deep Crystal Car Wash is an entry level car wash at a low price point to help the average Joe Consumer to transition from dishwashing soap to a dedicated car wash soap. Because a person using dishwashing soap is already spending zero on a dedicated car wash, and likely not very savvy about car detailing in general, moving a person from dishwashing soap to better products is done in steps.

The idea being if they'll spring for the entry level car wash because of good packaging and low price point, if they're happy with the performance of the product then hopefully they'll be open and even curios to try "other products" which move up in quality from the entry level products.

At least that's how the retail world works targeting the mindset of the average Joe Consumer.

Well Mike it worked on me. I used to always use dish soap but I used to always only drive beaters. When I bought my Honda I thought I should probably use something better so I picked up Deep Crystal. When that ran out I went for the Gold Class and now mostly do rinseless washes with DP RW&G. So the Deep Crystal has led me to better soaps and many orders and many many dollars submitted to AG and even more hours spent trying to keep my car looking nice. I don't attribute it all to Meguiars, mostly to AG, but their products have really helped me to maintain my car.
    Dave

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Well Mike it worked on me. I used to always use dish soap but I used to always only drive beaters. When I bought my Honda I thought I should probably use something better so I picked up Deep Crystal. When that ran out I went for the Gold Class and now mostly do rinseless washes with DP RW&G. So the Deep Crystal has led me to better soaps and many orders and many many dollars submitted to AG and even more hours spent trying to keep my car looking nice. I don't attribute it all to Meguiars, mostly to AG, but their products have really helped me to maintain my car.
    So you're saying that the Deep Crystal is a "gateway" wash?

Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying that the Deep Crystal is a "gateway" wash?
    I'm not really saying that, just I didn't want to use dish soap anymore and wanted to go to a car wash soap and it was inexpensive. So for me maybe it was, it was the start of a serious addiction.
    Dave

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha Mike, a hundred years ago I used to use Classic car wash, and when I couldn't get that anymore, I started to use a Meguiar's wash.

Wow! Somebody else that's old enough to remember Classic! Their entire line was just good stuff and I miss it. Still have a little wax and polish left, as I stocked up heavily in the 80's when I heard they went out of business.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have both of those cans on my shelf right now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123