autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newb from South Louisiana

Man what a great forum!!!!! Made an order, after reading a few months, of different product and could not stop cleaning once it all came in, I do have a question??? I have a BMW ,,What should I use on the dash and door panels, I did use the Master Leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats
    Thanks Ronney

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newb from South Louisiana

To Autogeek Rooney!

One of my personal favorite interior is Meguiar's M40.

Meguiar's M40

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome! I use DP interior protectant that I picked up on BOGO not too long ago. Works pretty well with only a slight gloss and smells like a yellow laffy taffy. Megs quick interior detailer is a good, less expensive option too.

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ronney! The only recommendation I have before doing doors or dashes in a BMW is to make sure the surface you are wiping product on is clean. My friend owns a M3 and at first glance the dash looked great, but if you take a slightly damp microfiber towel(just make sure its not dripping water ) and just pre wipe the surface, its amazing the grime one pass will pic up from hair, dust, dirt and contamination from having the windows down!

As for products, i don't really like the super glossy shine from products like ArmorAll, so i stick with something called 303 Aerospace Protectant. It comes in tiny spray bottles or wipes and has a calming scent which isnt overpowering, and adds UV protection as well!

By the way all the other products mentioned above are excellent too, im just biased because i fell in love with the 303 Protectant when used in my audi. (PS worked great on rubber door trim too)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTTman View Post
    Hey Ronney! The only recommendation I have before doing doors or dashes in a BMW is to make sure the surface you are wiping product on is clean. My friend owns a M3 and at first glance the dash looked great, but if you take a slightly damp microfiber towel(just make sure its not dripping water ) and just pre wipe the surface, its amazing the grime one pass will pic up from hair, dust, dirt and contamination from having the windows down!

As for products, i don't really like the super glossy shine from products like ArmorAll, so i stick with something called 303 Aerospace Protectant. It comes in tiny spray bottles or wipes and has a calming scent which isnt overpowering, and adds UV protection as well!

By the way all the other products mentioned above are excellent too, im just biased because i fell in love with the 303 Protectant when used in my audi. (PS worked great on rubber door trim too)
    Due to 303's matte finish and UV 40 protection I also apply 303 Aerospace Protectorant to my interior panels/dash; tires; underhood hoses; body cladding/plastic; and, since the "rubber seals" around and about the newer vehicles are no longer constituted of the rubber as we once knew it (now usually EPDM) and no longer need to be coated with a greasy protectorant, 303 AP is what a lot of the OEMs recommend--it cleans away any grease/grime and it contains no petroleum distillates.

When I'm out of 303 I will use Lexol's VinylX (claims UV60) on the interior but not on any of the EPDM. (by the way, EPDM=Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomar [whoopie ding dong!!])
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the reply ,, I use 303 on the seats on my pontoon boat and yes it does work well, just did not know about the interior of the car,,, I read about BOGO what is that?????

Post Thanks / Like

Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Mike Phillips

Hi Ronny,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer28 View Post

Man what a great forum!!!!! Made an order, after reading a few months,

There's lots to read...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer28 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the reply ,, I use 303 on the seats on my pontoon boat and yes it does work well, just did not know about the interior of the car,,, I read about BOGO what is that?????

Buy One Get One free!~!!!! Keep an eye on the bogo's. Great stuff roles through there all the time. Its located under the Store Tab

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AG