autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advise need for mobile part time start up

Hi guys

Names Byron , im abit of lurker here and love this forum.

BYZA'S AUTO DETAILING is my business name Byza is my nick name

Here is my logo below , what do you guys think? I like the one with writing straight .

heres my packages provided? What you guys think?

Im trying to keep it as simple as possible starting out, any changes etc please let me know and also are my prices fair im in Asutralia by the way.

And also with the marketing, how important is a website for starting off do I need it write away? or can I start with social media? Thoughts

∞BRONZE∞
    Car $40 · 4WD $50
    -foam
    - hand wash
    - microfiber towel dry

-wheels washed / tyres glossed

- interior door jams wiped

∞SILVER∞
    Car $80 · 4WD $90
    -foam
    - hand wash
    - micro fibre towel dry

- wheels washed / tyres glossed

- interior windows cleaned-

- interior wipe down
    - vacuum

∞GOLD∞
    Car $150
    · 4WD $200
    - hand wash
    - microfiber towel dry

-wheels washed / tyres glossed

- interior windows cleaned

- Interior detail & thorough vacuum
    - -wheels arches cleaned
    - clay bar for grime/residue off the paint
    - hand polish
    - wax added for protection including wheels
    -deodorise carpet
    -

Only the best products are used to maintain your Vehicle
    Extras upon request to suit your needs
    -engine cleaning
    - cut/ polish
    -carpet steam clean
    -headlight restoration

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advise need for mobile part time start up

Name looks pretty cool,some guys swear by a website and some don't I'm the guy who deosnt have one.I feel there is more than enough work to go around and if you do a good job and your prices are realistic you will stay busy.As far as your menu and prices go they may need some adjustment.Im not being rude so don't take it personal,I can't see someone paying 80.00 for a wash if you can get away with that in your market area so be it.I can't give you advice on pricing I don't know your market area 80.00 seems a bit high,I would have a hard time selling that package good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Name looks pretty cool,some guys swear by a website and some don't I'm the guy who deosnt have one.I feel there is more than enough work to go around and if you do a good job and your prices are realistic you will stay busy.As far as your menu and prices go they may need some adjustment.Im not being rude so don't take it personal,I can't see someone paying 80.00 for a wash if you can get away with that in your market area so be it.I can't give you advice on pricing I don't know your market area 80.00 seems a bit high,I would have a hard time selling that package good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback appreciate it, your probably right I may need to adjust so I actually get work lol.
    I just don't want to be that cheap guy however I actually want to do a killer job , demographic around area is fairly high , close to beach and wealthy areas.

mmm interesting as a website is a cost maybe I will try start off without and work with social media , local online ad sites , facebook ads and word of mouth as I know a few people my girlfriends boss whos a real estate director already want me to do his and wifes vehicles. theres a start

But I may need to re adjust, in terms of the 3 packages does it look ok? plus the extras.

Post Thanks / Like

On the logo I can't read the small writing. Prices are dependent on your area. I would say the website is must. My site is like $10 a month, I couldn't imagine not having one. When people need to get a service done they just Google everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    On the logo I can't read the small writing. Prices are dependent on your area. I would say the website is must. My site is like $10 a month, I couldn't imagine not having one. When people need to get a service done they just Google everything.

Sorry should of mentioned the small writing is going to go, was just design guys idea but I don't like it.

Yea point taken I will look into the cost.

Did you create your own website ?

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat op, I'm part time, but hopefully can work this into full time. I'd say a web site is never a bad idea, you can get a domain for like $5 for the 1st year and if you find a deal on hosting, cheap. Mine's like $25 a year for life. There are always web hosting deals if you search around. What I'm doing is building a nice online gallery, and will have a direct link to it on a tablet where I can pull it up and show people before and after pictures on the spot. If you don't have a tablet, you could get a pretty decent for one fairly cheap. I like both logos, not sure which better. It looks clean, and more importantly you didn't use the car outline that every other detailer uses.

Best of luck to you

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It was through Yahoo small business. It's some other company now that bought Yahoo small business. It is nothing fancy and was set up using some basic templates from the site. After customers get their cars detailed they don't hang on to your card or the receipts and they just Google you next time they need the car done. Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I'm in the same boat op, I'm part time, but hopefully can work this into full time. I'd say a web site is never a bad idea, you can get a domain for like $5 for the 1st year and if you find a deal on hosting, cheap. Mine's like $25 a year for life. There are always web hosting deals if you search around. What I'm doing is building a nice online gallery, and will have a direct link to it on a tablet where I can pull it up and show people before and after pictures on the spot. If you don't have a tablet, you could get a pretty decent for one fairly cheap. I like both logos, not sure which better. It looks clean, and more importantly you didn't use the car outline that every other detailer uses.

Best of luck to you

Good stuff man, its a nice feeling thinking if we can make this work full time.
    Will ask for advise regarding a website I guess it would add a large benefit to more business.

Thanks regard to the logo I like the clean look for sure removing the little 1990 bit not sure why he put it on there.

Funny you say that, when I was first looking for ideas I wanted the outline idea haha!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by byzasautodetailing View Post
    Thanks for the feedback appreciate it, your probably right I may need to adjust so I actually get work lol.
    I just don't want to be that cheap guy however I actually want to do a killer job , demographic around area is fairly high , close to beach and wealthy areas.

mmm interesting as a website is a cost maybe I will try start off without and work with social media , local online ad sites , facebook ads and word of mouth as I know a few people my girlfriends boss whos a real estate director already want me to do his and wifes vehicles. theres a start

But I may need to re adjust, in terms of the 3 packages does it look ok? plus the extras.
    word of mouth is strong and free,doing this partime and mobile will be a little challenge for you and your clients,I do this full time all year long since 2002 in south fla,my promblem is weather and keeping a schedule people are always on the go and trying to dial in with them is hard enough.keep it small low overhead and some time you will succeed .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Yes. It was through Yahoo small business. It's some other company now that bought Yahoo small business. It is nothing fancy and was set up using some basic templates from the site. After customers get their cars detailed they don't hang on to your card or the receipts and they just Google you next time they need the car done. Just something to think about.
    Good point there, I had a car audio guy give me a few cards after installing.

I threw the cards away instead I had his number saved on my phone and googled him when I had some questions for another job for him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast