autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I Start a Home Service Detailing Business with this Tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenzee View Post
    Hi AutoGeekers..
    I'm planning to start a home service detailing business.. But, i only have few products on each sections..
    1. Can i do the job only with this list of products? YES BUT YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR LIST TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY.
    2. What else should i buy? (SEE BELOW)
    3. What should i learn before starting this business? DO DAILY DRIVERS THAT ARE BEATEN INTO THE GROUND WITH PET HAIR, BODILY FLUIDS AND POSSIBLY DIRTY DIAPERS. LEARN YOUR CRAFT. NOBODY STARTS ON EXOTICS, LEARN THRU TRIAL AND ERROR. READ TIPS AND TRICK SECTION. DO YOUR RESEARCH. THEN YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT WORKS AND WHAT IS B.S. ALSO, DETAIL YOUR OWN CARS. TRY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS/TECHNIQUES ON THEM FIRST.

Wheels&Tires:
    1. Sonax Full Effect I'VE TRIED IT, ETCHED MY WIFE'S HYUNDAI WHEELS. WASN'T IMPRESSED. I USE P21S. IT'S SAFE FOR ALL WHEELS, IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT WORKS TREMENDOUSLY.
    2. Megs Endurance Tire Gel I'VE USED IT, MEH. I USE HOT SHINE SPRAY BY MEG'S. MOST ON HERE WILL POO-POO THE GLOSS IT LEAVES AND CRY ABOUT 'SLINGING'. MY CLIENTS LOVE THAT LOOK AND IT IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE. IT FINISHES THE VEHICLE'S LOOK. IF YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT SLING, AFTER YOU SPRAY, GENTLY WIP SOME OFF WITH A RED WORKSHOP TOWEL, THEN KEEP THAT IN A BAGGY SEPRATELY FROM OTHER TOWELS. YOU NEVER WASH IT. THROW IT OUT WHEN IT GETS TOO NASTY. YOU DON'T WANT THAT RED TOWEL TO BE WASHED WITH YOUR OTHER TOWELS.

Washing:
    1. Megs UWW HAVEN'T TRIED, I USE ONR DUE TO IT'S VERSATILITY. I.E. CLAY LUBE, DOOR JAMB CLEANER, ETC.
    2. Megs GC Shampoo
    3. CG Citrus Wash&Gloss GOOD SHAMPOO, I USE IT. THAT AND CG GLOSSWORKS.

Claying:
    1. 3 pcs CarPro Clay I USE PURPLE AGGRESSIVE CLAY BAR AND MEG'S BAR.
    2. Nanoskin AutoScrub Fine & Med Grade NOT NEEDED.
    3. Megs Quik Detailer (Clay Lubricant) I USED THIS WHEN I FIRST STARTED. WAAAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR A CLAY LUBE. USE ONR DILUTED. IT COSTS YOU PENNIES.

Cutting/Compound:
    1. Megs UC I USE MEG'S M105. ALSO 3M SUPER HEAVY DUTY COMPOUND FOR BAD HEADLIGHTS.

Polishing:
    1. Megs UP MEG'S M205. FINISHES OUT NICELY. SOMETIMES DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH BLACKFIRE SEALANT. IT HAS STREAKED ON ME.
    2. AutoFinesse Tripple
    IN THE WORDS OF MIKE PHILLIPS, USE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. TRY THIS TRY THAT.

Waxing:
    1. Megs GCCW I USE POORBOYS LIQUID NATTY BLUE, KLASSE AIO, EVEN MEG'S GOLD CLASS.
    2. Megs UW

DO YOU OFFER A GLAZE FOR THOSE CLIENTS WHO WANT MORE 'POP'? CAN YOU UPSELL THEM ON IT? I USE POORBOY'S BLACK HOLE. EASY ON EASY OFF. SAVES TIME.

Glass:
    1. Glass Science Glass Scrub INVISIBLE GLASS BY STONER'S. IT WORKS. PERIOD.
    2. Glass Science Rain Clear WHAT DOES THIS DO? LIKE RAIN-X? DO YOUR CLIENTS NEED IT? WILL THEY PAY EXTRA FOR IT? IS THERE AN OBVIOUS BENEFIT BY USING THIS PRODUCT?

Interior:
    1. Sonax Leather Cleaner WOOLITE DILUTED 10:1. ON REALLY BAD SEATS, MEG'S APC+ DILUTED 10:1.
    2. Megs QID Cleaner NOT NEEDED
    3. Megs Dash&Trim Protectant AEROSPACE 303.

Others:
    1. AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover STONER'S TARMINATOR.
    2. Megs All Purpose Cleaner GREAT CHOICE!
    3. 3M All Purpose Cleaner WHY DO YOU NEED TWO DIFFERENT APCS?

Machine:
    1. Nilfisk High Pressure Washer
    2. ShineMate Dual Action ERO600
    3. Dry Vacuum Cleaner

Pads:
    1. 6 pack Cobra Cross Groove 6.5”(Cutting-Polishing-Finishing) BUY LIKE 30 MORE PADS. TRUST ME YOU'LL NEED THEM.. UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASH PADS EVERY NIGHT. OH, ONE MORE THING, BUY MORE PADS.

2. 1 Foam Polishing Pad
    3. 2 MF Cutting & Polishing Pads
    4. 2 MF Hand Applicator Pads
    5. 4 Foam Hand Applicator Pads

Tools:
    1. 2 Wheel Brushes GOOD CHOICE.
    2. Lug nut brush ANOTHER GOOD CHOICE.
    3. 6 MF towel BUY MORE TOWELS.

Sorry for long post..
    SORRY FOR USING ALL CAPS, JUST WANTED TO BE EASIER TO READ MY REPLIES.

I went thru a phase thinking "boutique" products were better than regular. not necessarily true. I didn't need specialized products, I needed products that were versatile. They could do many things. Meg's APC+ I can use on wheel wells, carpet, seats, jambs, trim, etc. It's cost effective, and I get wholesale pricing from my vendor.

Your technique and ability will improve the more practice you get. May sound obvious, but that's the honest truth. I do cars now in record time that would have scared me when I started. You'll become more efficient and make more $$$$$. And face it that's why we do it.

Also, have 3-4 different packages. People like choices. DO NOT put things like pet hair removal, water spot removal, headlight resto, engine cleaning in your packages. THESE ARE GREAT ADD-ONS! An extra $25-100 a detail.

If you're mobile, I assume you are, what's the minimum you'll pack up and go do a job for? $100? $50? Think about it.

Under-promise and Over-deliver. I NEVER tell a client during the pre-inspection walk around that 'this stain will come out', or oh yeah, that scratch can be buffed out'. Make a note of it, write it down on your checklist and tell them you'll do your best. Then you look like the hero when you've made their vehicle look like-new!

one more thing: I use a VX5000 Steamer, expensive but works great. Took me a while to master it but it's awesome.

Aztec Hot Rod Carpet Extractor. Great tool. I use a Rigid 4.5 gal. dry vac that has 5hp. Sucks like no other, in a good way.
    Last edited by DaVinciAutoSpa; 10-09-2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: adding info
    davinciautodetail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinciAutoSpa View Post
    SORRY FOR USING ALL CAPS, JUST WANTED TO BE EASIER TO READ MY REPLIES.

I went thru a phase thinking "boutique" products were better than regular. not necessarily true. I didn't need specialized products, I needed products that were versatile. They could do many things. Meg's APC+ I can use on wheel wells, carpet, seats, jambs, trim, etc. It's cost effective, and I get wholesale pricing from my vendor.

Your technique and ability will improve the more practice you get. May sound obvious, but that's the honest truth. I do cars now in record time that would have scared me when I started. You'll become more efficient and make more $$$$$. And face it that's why we do it.

Also, have 3-4 different packages. People like choices. DO NOT put things like pet hair removal, water spot removal, headlight resto, engine cleaning in your packages. THESE ARE GREAT ADD-ONS! An extra $25-100 a detail.

If you're mobile, I assume you are, what's the minimum you'll pack up and go do a job for? $100? $50? Think about it.

Under-promise and Over-deliver. I NEVER tell a client during the pre-inspection walk around that 'this stain will come out', or oh yeah, that scratch can be buffed out'. Make a note of it, write it down on your checklist and tell them you'll do your best. Then you look like the hero when you've made their vehicle look like-new!

one more thing: I use a VX5000 Steamer, expensive but works great. Took me a while to master it but it's awesome.

Aztec Hot Rod Carpet Extractor. Great tool. I use a Rigid 4.5 gal. dry vac that has 5hp. Sucks like no other, in a good way.

Big thanks for sharing.. I will learn from you

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a nice list of stuff to clean your car this weekend. Chemicals is the smallest part of running a business. Equipment and supplies will cost much more. Even those costs will seem small once you see how much the business end of everything costs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123