autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to get your name out there!!!

So i have been in the detail industry for about 15 years working for different shops both auto body and strictly detail. I have learned from my own observations, experiences and mentors. I decided to start my own detailing business just over a year and a half ago.

I did these 3 things right off the bat to at least get people to contact you when they need detailing services 1) WEBSITE!!! This is vitally important as it gives a potential customer a chance to check you out . 2) GOOGLE AD WORDS !!! When you or anyone else search for something on the internet , most of the time its on the google search engine!! Make sure you are at the top of the page everytime . Use a catchy , call to action phrase in the subject line of your ad!! Mine simply said "affordable auto detailing guaranteed .... call today!! 3) Hire an internet business developer to list your business under all the major search engines and local sites. The more times your website is clicked on , the quicker it moves up the list on search engines.

Heres are my results from this in a year and a half of business. I started in June last year .... from June to December my shop took in gross profit of 45,000 not counting the dealer accounts and fleet accounts . So far this year my shop has done over 100,000 in sales not counting dealerships and fleet accounts. I no longer use google ad words only because i dont need to , my site pops up in the top 3 now because of all traffic from google ad. Word of mouth is the best type of advertising but IMO relying on word of mouth when just starting out is a recipe for failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mind if I send you a pm and ask you some detailed questions? Very interested in having a firm submit my website.

Congrats on your success!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get your name out there!!!

Very nice input thank you!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with you on word of mouth is a failure 80% of all my business comes form word of mouth and thats all I've done really. I do go to car shows and meets which really help get me business.Like you said a website is a must for any business now days. I'me very happy you have succeeded with your business.

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth definitely gets you the most business, but I do agree you have to START somewhere. Word of mouth doesn't just happen, people have to know about your business first. Thanks for the insight perfectionplus.

Post Thanks / Like

In some areas word of mouth can be slower than adwords. In the area that I live in word of mouth is very important. Cajun culture is all about who you know and people like to talk. Luckily my clients help me with referrals and business picks up from it. Now I do agree that you have to be known because as the clients I know refer me and my work that is still limited.

I do have a question for PERFECTIONPLUS....How did you approach dealerships? This is something I am currently working towards doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Do you mind if I send you a pm and ask you some detailed questions? Very interested in having a firm submit my website.

Congrats on your success!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Thank you and feel free to pm anytime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I don't agree with you on word of mouth is a failure 80% of all my business comes form word of mouth and thats all I've done really. I do go to car shows and meets which really help get me business.Like you said a website is a must for any business now days. I'me very happy you have succeeded with your business.

I didnt mean that word of mouth is a failure , I agree with you 100% about 80% of my business NOW comes from word of mouth but when just starting out if you rely completely on others to get your business going for you , your going to fail 9 out of 10 times . I do car shows and meets as well now to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FullAttn2Detail View Post
    In some areas word of mouth can be slower than adwords. In the area that I live in word of mouth is very important. Cajun culture is all about who you know and people like to talk. Luckily my clients help me with referrals and business picks up from it. Now I do agree that you have to be known because as the clients I know refer me and my work that is still limited.

I do have a question for PERFECTIONPLUS....How did you approach dealerships? This is something I am currently working towards doing.

The way i approached dealerships was simply going in speaking with the lot manager and giving them the first car at no charge to show them your work. I try to make it easy for them as well as my customers . I do pick up and delivery for them , i write the stock # of there vehicle on the invoice not only for my records but to make it easy on them to file. If there is ever an issue with any work ive done for them I handle it immediately and dont make excuses.

Post Thanks / Like

How much do you get from the dealerships? I am also looking into this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.