autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Price List Organized

The prices don't look unreasonable at all. When I first started I did interior for $75, exterior for $75 and full for $125. I would spend hours and hours making everything as perfect as I could. Then I realized I was loosing my a$$ on jobs like that.

With the help of that spreadsheet I realized how much time I was spending on each job and completely changed my pricing structure to fit. Now I have even more customers and am actually earning a decent part time wage detailing.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport & 2007 TrailBlazer SS (Both black!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Now theres a well organized and thought out list, unlike some new kids here who throw it together in a minute and expect to become succesful overnight.

Great job, now all you gotta do is price yourself accordingly. Very nice list indeed.

Remember, most customers are not detailers. This is why they come to you! By seeing exactly what steps are involved and what you have to offer, they are more likely to do business with you
    lmao, im assuming your talking about me? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    lmao, im assuming your talking about me? LOL
    Rotfl, you actually think im after you huh? I have bigger fish to fry, did you not see my last comment on your thread? I said good job on getting some work lined up.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add a lesser maintenance wash, not everyone needs a clay. You're going to want to give a potential customer a reason to see you again.

I also think your prices are too cheap. I wouldnt do all that work (Wash & wax package) for $40, especially when u have a really dirty car. For that same work (minus the presoak) I charge $115 for small cars. We clay every inch of paint (now we nanoscrub), and machine apply a sealant like Megs Synthetic or equal.

$40 would be a good place for a basic maintenance wash with maybe a spray wax? good for in between details.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could probably get away with upping your fee for head lights from $20 per to $50-$65 for both. Car dealers in my area charge over $85 for them and considering the costs of new ones it's an easy sell and a great way to help bring in some extra revenue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    I would add a lesser maintenance wash, not everyone needs a clay. You're going to want to give a potential customer a reason to see you again.

I also think your prices are too cheap. I wouldnt do all that work (Wash & wax package) for $40, especially when u have a really dirty car. For that same work (minus the presoak) I charge $115 for small cars. We clay every inch of paint (now we nanoscrub), and machine apply a sealant like Megs Synthetic or equal.

$40 would be a good place for a basic maintenance wash with maybe a spray wax? good for in between details.
    Hmm I never though about that. So you think it would be good to eliminate the clay bar and machine applied wax from the Wash & Wax package and just spray wax the car at the end, for $40? Do you think I should add another package above that which would include claying and machine waxing?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    You could probably get away with upping your fee for head lights from $20 per to $50-$65 for both. Car dealers in my area charge over $85 for them and considering the costs of new ones it's an easy sell and a great way to help bring in some extra revenue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online
    That is true. Headlights are not cheap! I had to replace mine before and was shocked at the price of just 1 headlight! And shouldn't I advertise a "per headlight" cost instead of a price for both headlights since some people might just want 1 headlight restored?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    The prices don't look unreasonable at all. When I first started I did interior for $75, exterior for $75 and full for $125. I would spend hours and hours making everything as perfect as I could. Then I realized I was loosing my a$$ on jobs like that.

With the help of that spreadsheet I realized how much time I was spending on each job and completely changed my pricing structure to fit. Now I have even more customers and am actually earning a decent part time wage detailing.
    I definitely agree. I sometimes find myself doing extra work that a customer isn't paying for just because I like to make things perfect. That spreadsheet definitely opened my eyes though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman2143 View Post
    That is true. Headlights are not cheap! I had to replace mine before and was shocked at the price of just 1 headlight! And shouldn't I advertise a "per headlight" cost instead of a price for both headlights since some people might just want 1 headlight restored?

That's rare from what I've seen (both on cars and advertised) and if that case comes up the person will more then likely ask you about a cheaper price for one. People will do anything to save a buck so if they only need 1 done then they will make sure to tell you and also tell you it's 1/2 the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what type of business you're running. Are you mobile? are you a fixed location? These factors determine what your pricing should be.

I would most definately offer something that's quick, and keeps the customer involved for those times they dont need the full on. Clay bars and the new towels aren't cheap still. $40 is too little imo for 2 hours of work including product costs, and maybe travel.

I also offer "per headlight" versus the pair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    That's rare from what I've seen (both on cars and advertised) and if that case comes up the person will more then likely ask you about a cheaper price for one. People will do anything to save a buck so if they only need 1 done then they will make sure to tell you and also tell you it's 1/2 the price.

That is true! Thank you for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Depends on what type of business you're running. Are you mobile? are you a fixed location? These factors determine what your pricing should be.

I would most definately offer something that's quick, and keeps the customer involved for those times they dont need the full on. Clay bars and the new towels aren't cheap still. $40 is too little imo for 2 hours of work including product costs, and maybe travel.

I also offer "per headlight" versus the pair.
    Fixed location at the moment. And yeah I agree with you not everyone needs a clay especially if I have done full details for them before. Do you think $40 would be a good price for just a wash, dry, spray wax and maybe dress the tires?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast