autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with logo

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with logo

Hello,

I'm starting my own mobile detailing company called 'Dr. Shine Auto Detailing'. I'm not artistic at all and was hoping some people on this forum would be kind enough to try to come up with a logo design. I was thinking of something like a doctor with a stethoscope on a car or something, or maybe a red cross symbol. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you to anyone that responds

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with logo

Here's one I made for you In like 10 minutes, Its not the best ever but hopefully it'll help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colinpd137 View Post
    Here's one I made for you In like 10 minutes, Its not the best ever but hopefully it'll help.

I really like that font, what is it called? I really wanted a doctor and a car on my business card design. There's an auto detailing company that has a logo like I'm describing but I can't copy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it DR shine or is it Dr. shine? No offense meant but that sure looks like a 10 minute logo. The name of the company is not even correct. If you are serious about starting a business you need to hire a graphic designer to help build your brand. Your logo will be the centerpiece. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    The name of your business should reflect characteristics of you and relate to you IMO. Do you have a doctorate in detailing? I just think it is kinda like false advertising otherwise. It is cute and will attract some people but, when someone ask the question I did what are you gonna tell them. Also, have you researched your are for businesses with similar/like names?
    I agree with the previous post. If you are serious about yoyr business then look into have a professional design it. Having the print shop you are gonna do business with help you design your stuff can save you some time and money. Either way look at keeping it simple.
    I think the idea of a doctor looking character with a polisher is something to go with. Maybe something to your likeness.
    BTW, have you read any books about starting a detailing business, like Denny Doyle's? Or have you looked at Mike Phillips' book? There are a lot more factors than just a logo when starting a detailing business. Just trying to help and be a little insightful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Renny Doyle's book is a great well laid out book .

Pj C. senior detailer at Subaru of Moncton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    The name of your business should reflect characteristics of you and relate to you IMO. Do you have a doctorate in detailing? I just think it is kinda like false advertising otherwise. It is cute and will attract some people but, when someone ask the question I did what are you gonna tell them. Also, have you researched your are for businesses with similar/like names?
    I agree with the previous post. If you are serious about yoyr business then look into have a professional design it. Having the print shop you are gonna do business with help you design your stuff can save you some time and money. Either way look at keeping it simple.
    I think the idea of a doctor looking character with a polisher is something to go with. Maybe something to your likeness.
    BTW, have you read any books about starting a detailing business, like Denny Doyle's? Or have you looked at Mike Phillips' book? There are a lot more factors than just a logo when starting a detailing business. Just trying to help and be a little insightful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Agreed times 100.

ANY & ALL businesses have basic foundations & principles that must be followed for them to be successful. Whether you are a detailing business, a plumbing contractor (me), or a farmer growing tomatoes; you must follow those principles.

#1-what are all the costs, fixed & variable, involved in operating the business.
    #2-how much in dollar sales are required to make sure that all of #1 is covered, also called the BREAKEVEN number.
    #3-how much profit do I want to make. Profit is anything over and above ALL fixed & variable costs being paid for. Keep in mind if you are the only employee, your labor is a cost of doing business...not profit. A labor cost is what you would pay an employee (including wages, taxes and benefits) to work for you.
    #4-you need to review your business monthly, not yearly. You want to be able to make any changes to your selling price quickly and not wait until the end of the year to adjust for the next year

There are even more things that make a business work; marketing, location, customers, etc...but those four points are a starting point to begin thinking.

Being able to just detail the cars does not guarantee a successful business.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies, but I am just looking for a company/ card logo in this thread. I appreciate everyone's concerns but my logo is the last thing I am getting done, not the first. My business plan has been completed for some time and I have implemented it and tweaked it over the years I have been offering detailing services on craigslist. I already have enough regulars to cover my bottom line and then some. I just want to make this a legitimate business and gain more customers.

And the company name is Dr. Shine. I wanted to go with a doctor theme because I am a premed student. I think it makes my company easy for people to remember. If they saw it on my car and were wanted my detailing services they could probably still remember it when they got home.

Post Thanks / Like

heres something i came up with in ten mins or so also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with logo-dr-shine-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Or this just add an image that looks like your likeness for the face .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with logo-dr-shine-2-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast