autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please critique my website!

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    One thing that I would like to say is try not to mention "Craiglist". There are some really good Detailers that are on the site. I am not one so I am not defending them. I agree with many of the others that state the services page is not right. You need better font choices, sizing, color and add items with a clear billet.

One pet peeve that drives me nuts is "We". Try to use Status Auto Detailing rather than We. Spelling out the name brings a professional look.

It nice that you mention your background but other than the business degree that one of the owners has there is no correlation to Detailing. Put more information about the detailing experiences that you both have. You mention that you spent countless hours perfecting your craft. Build on that add more information on how you did that.

In the why choose Status I would change my opening statement to something like this:

Status Auto Detailing offers personal service unlike many of the assembly line detailers. This is a positive statement and not a negative statement about your competition.

Just some thoughts to help you out. A major issue that I see on most sites is missed spelled words.

As a last point put some pictures in the gallery of your shop. A well organized shop will help sell your services.

Ed

Lot's of good points. I will definitely be removing "We." Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are all very helpful. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like

Under services, I notice you only offer Opti-Coat 2.0 for headlights and wheels. Is this true or do you offer it for paint as well?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't quite have this service ready to go. I'm using Klasse sealant on paint. I know some guys are using opti coat on lenses and wheels for durability so I figured I start doing it. I like the idea.

I'm not really a big fan of "permanent" sealants on paint, though. I don't really know why... I think I'll stick to Klasse or maybe start using opti seal. I've heard good things about opti seal.

for one...If you tell them they have a "permanent" sealant on their paint, they might not come back a year later haha. If you put something like klasse or opti seal on, they may come back every 6 months-1 year.

Post Thanks / Like

Took me a wile to figure it out but when you click on a picture in your portfolio it loads at the bottom of the page. I was confused. If someone already said this, sorry lol Other than that, It looks great. its easy to navigate, the colors look good. Its crisp and professional looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    I don't quite have this service ready to go. I'm using Klasse sealant on paint. I know some guys are using opti coat on lenses and wheels for durability so I figured I start doing it. I like the idea.

I'm not really a big fan of "permanent" sealants on paint, though. I don't really know why... I think I'll stick to Klasse or maybe start using opti seal. I've heard good things about opti seal.

for one...If you tell them they have a "permanent" sealant on their paint, they might not come back a year later haha. If you put something like klasse or opti seal on, they may come back every 6 months-1 year.
    Oh I understand completely. I'm just thinking about the "what if the customer researches OC 2" and they find out it can be applied to paint? Maybe just offer a long term sealant or coating to those parts without adding the name? I don't know.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall I like the site however, I would change 2 things. First, I would put actual "specials" in the specials section rather than just a sign-up to receive emails. It's what most people expect to see when they click a "specials" link. You don't want people to think that there aren't any current specials and decide to wait until there is one. Second, I would expand the portfolio to include some quality before and after shots with a brief description of what was done. I had no idea what swirls and holograms were until I joined this site, so I'd bet most of your potential customers don't know either. If you explain and show what swirls/holograms are, people will suddenly realize that this is a problem that they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    Overall I like the site however, I would change 2 things. First, I would put actual "specials" in the specials section rather than just a sign-up to receive emails. It's what most people expect to see when they click a "specials" link. You don't want people to think that there aren't any current specials and decide to wait until there is one. Second, I would expand the portfolio to include some quality before and after shots with a brief description of what was done. I had no idea what swirls and holograms were until I joined this site, so I'd bet most of your potential customers don't know either. If you explain and show what swirls/holograms are, people will suddenly realize that this is a problem that they have.
    I'm going to do that now...thx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123