autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your mobile version leave a bit to be desired and I'm always on auto geek from my phone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    facebook.com/premieradtx

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please critique my website!

the services page .. you use too many colors ( black white , red , yellow ) and too many fronts, also is not that visible. some fronts don`t natch , or at least is how it looks on my comp.
    the portfolio - the presentation of your work seem "bulky", i think can look more simple and professional , and with more potential.
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Everything else looks good for the most part..

a few pointers..

first, I would improve the load speed of the home page.. You shouldn't see a loading bar prior to the home page becoming visible. That's a big turn off and a way to lose a click through. Personally I would ditch the flash. A lot of os x/mac related devices don't support it anymore.. also, kind of played out. However, you already invested the money, so may be a tad late.

Do you have keywords and meta tags programmed? I can't tell since I can't right click because of the flash. That will help with google optimization. You do have keywords mentioned in the natural text of your paragraph which is great. Google search engine picks up on that.

I would break up the text under "why choose status." It needs a paragraph or two. Also, the other text on the page is a tad annoying to read because of the scroll bar. that type of info can be on a separate page or maybe make the frame rate larger on the page.. not sure if that will help..

The text font on the services page is a little small. I know you have a lot of info, but it could become hard to read on mobile devices if the site isn't optimized for cell phones. Nevertheless, it is hard to read in general.

You could list each service using hyper links (or drop down menu as you already stated) so those services open up to new pages. Thus, allowing for larger text and avoiding having everything crammed into one page. There is a lot going on within the service page.

I would include the credit card logo's on the home page somewhere so people know the forms of payment you take without having to goto the contact page. It's kind of like a call to action..

The word specials is not capitalized like the other menu options. I would make the font for specials red instead of contact. Or make it green (i.e money).. it should stand out more. contact should be the last menu option since the phone number is listed on the home page.

The phone number is in the correct spot as the eye tends to gravitate to the right side of web pages.

that's my two cents for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamite302 View Post
    Your mobile version leave a bit to be desired and I'm always on auto geek from my phone

I have to agree with that statement. My only computer is my iPad so the first thing it will bring up is the mobile site. There is a need to keep people on your website more than just a few seconds. IMO I believe you need a little more information and pictures showcasing you quality work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY View Post

Do you have keywords and meta tags programmed? He does, you can click outside of the flash area and view source, also every browser these days you can go to browser tools or view - > view source. It's all set up fine.

I would break up the text under "why choose status." It needs a paragraph or two. Agree, always say this every time someone posts their page. Look at a news paper and break up your sentences like that. There is a reason papers do it, and it's for readability.
    Same goes for other pages, like on ABOUT US.
    Something I notice on my own. On the home page, each of those sections of text are a bit of an issue. Most people aren't going to realize that those red dots are actually scroll bars. Need to find a more natural way to display that text. Whether it's expanding the page or making new pages for that information.

You want information to be displayed in a way that people expect it.

That's mostly the all of it.
    -Brent

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I was trying to view source but everywhere I clicked didn't let me do it.. I didn't bother checking with the browser. either way.. good it's there.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that I would like to say is try not to mention "Craiglist". There are some really good Detailers that are on the site. I am not one so I am not defending them. I agree with many of the others that state the services page is not right. You need better font choices, sizing, color and add items with a clear billet.

One pet peeve that drives me nuts is "We". Try to use Status Auto Detailing rather than We. Spelling out the name brings a professional look.

It nice that you mention your background but other than the business degree that one of the owners has there is no correlation to Detailing. Put more information about the detailing experiences that you both have. You mention that you spent countless hours perfecting your craft. Build on that add more information on how you did that.

In the why choose Status I would change my opening statement to something like this:

Status Auto Detailing offers personal service unlike many of the assembly line detailers. This is a positive statement and not a negative statement about your competition.

Just some thoughts to help you out. A major issue that I see on most sites is missed spelled words.

As a last point put some pictures in the gallery of your shop. A well organized shop will help sell your services.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gothamite302 View Post

The mobile version sucks! I'm looking for a solution to this problem. At least apple users can see some basic info and my number, I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    the services page .. you use too many colors ( black white , red , yellow ) and too many fronts, also is not that visible. some fronts don`t natch , or at least is how it looks on my comp.
    the portfolio - the presentation of your work seem "bulky", i think can look more simple and professional , and with more potential.

Appreciate the input Cosmin. I'm going to be making changes to the service menu soon. I really like the gallery on your website. I may try to do something similar. I never did really like the small thumbnails in my gallery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY View Post
    Everything else looks good for the most part..

a few pointers..

first, I would improve the load speed of the home page.. You shouldn't see a loading bar prior to the home page becoming visible. That's a big turn off and a way to lose a click through. Personally I would ditch the flash. A lot of os x/mac related devices don't support it anymore.. also, kind of played out. However, you already invested the money, so may be a tad late.

Do you have keywords and meta tags programmed? I can't tell since I can't right click because of the flash. That will help with google optimization. You do have keywords mentioned in the natural text of your paragraph which is great. Google search engine picks up on that.

I would break up the text under "why choose status." It needs a paragraph or two. Also, the other text on the page is a tad annoying to read because of the scroll bar. that type of info can be on a separate page or maybe make the frame rate larger on the page.. not sure if that will help..

The text font on the services page is a little small. I know you have a lot of info, but it could become hard to read on mobile devices if the site isn't optimized for cell phones. Nevertheless, it is hard to read in general.

You could list each service using hyper links (or drop down menu as you already stated) so those services open up to new pages. Thus, allowing for larger text and avoiding having everything crammed into one page. There is a lot going on within the service page.

I would include the credit card logo's on the home page somewhere so people know the forms of payment you take without having to goto the contact page. It's kind of like a call to action..

The word specials is not capitalized like the other menu options. I would make the font for specials red instead of contact. Or make it green (i.e money).. it should stand out more. contact should be the last menu option since the phone number is listed on the home page.

The phone number is in the correct spot as the eye tends to gravitate to the right side of web pages.

that's my two cents for now.

Thanks! Will be making as many off these changes as possible asap. My keywords are all good. My site and business info is optimized very well on google. That's one big thing I've got going for me. I'm number one in Springfield, Mo if you type auto detailing Springfield mo. Got there doing all the work myself, but took over a year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast