autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Throwing myself to the wolves: Web site

Ok everyone, take it easy on me. Tell me what you think:

Shiver's Optimum Shine

I am trying to keep it as true HTML as possible so that it is fast loading and pulls up on any device/machine.

The only thing I don't like is the "fading" of the background of the logo, but that is being changed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Throwing myself to the wolves: Web site

It is clean and simple which is good. The headlight pics are too dark. Also the majority people don't spend alot of time reading stuff - so when then see the headlight restoration are they gonna assume that is all you do? I questioned it and looked further - some may not. I would have a before/after pics of a detailed car and the headlights second. The headlights need to be lightened so it is more clear. I would also zoom in more on them. Do people know what a 1,2,3 step correction is? I doubt it. I would say swirl and scratch removal or whatever and give an estimate. Show a picture of a dark colored door with one half corrected and the other perfect. Then you can explain to them at the estimate it is gonna take 2 steps which equals 15hours but you can get at least 90% removed. The click here for monthly specials gets lost. I would move to the bottom of page or top. Make it easy to read.

May be less writing on main page. Get your points across. Owner Operated, high quality, whatever. Then you can expand later.

The most important thing is to do your meta information correctly. Google meta tags. If you do it to googles specs you will get web traffic. Or get a program to assist you. Like Go Daddy's "Search Engine Visibility." It really has helped get my website to NUMBER 1 on google for FREE.

Just my two cents... do what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have time to look through every single page right now. But, it looks to be an ok site. Obviously a lack of photos.

I don't so much care for the sideways "click here for monthly specials" banner on the right hand side of the homepage. I had to tilt my head to read it, ha. Even the car is sideways. I would construct that banner so everything is straight...words, and the car.

There's also a LOT of blue/green in the site. Have you thought of maybe changing the background color, and maybe some of the tab boxes?

I feel like your logo gets lost in the choice of template colors. You want your logo to pop out, not blend in. Maybe try a shade of grey for the background?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments guys.

As far as the Headlight Restoration seeming like the main service. I put that on the front, as that is the service I am trying to promote the most. The easiest money, and then I can talk about other services at that time to the customer.

And yeah, the specials banner was just a quick thing. I am trying to get on the Autogeek/Autopia Car Care Affiliate program if it is still available, and post up their ads.

And maybe I am color blind, but there are no greens on the web site?

The pictures are of my grandmother's old car, and of course the sun didn't shine at all that day.

I am going to be running a special soon to get some more pictures.

And the meta search tags are def something I am going to look into.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

I think what he meant wasn't blue and green, but a blue-green (teal) color. I think you need more pictures, and especially larger and clearer headlight shots if that is your focus.

Post Thanks / Like

Another hand that has done their research. Keep on striving NoleFan.

Experience and guidance for free.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I think what he meant wasn't blue and green, but a blue-green (teal) color. I think you need more pictures, and especially larger and clearer headlight shots if that is your focus.
    Right, I meant the combination of blue and green creating lots of teals, and aqua type colors.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact you education them on some of the proper detailing terms. Educated customer is more likely to pay you what you are worth once they understand what you are doing. Most people think a $25 car wash and wax is getting the full treatment for their car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
    Shiver's Optimum Shine

I am trying to keep it as true HTML as possible so that it is fast loading and pulls up on any device/machine.

Ah, the web as I remember it! The whole site loads incredibly fast on my iPad. I think the layout is fine. More pictures on the pages that are supposed to have pictures, don't want to leave "Coming Soon!" on there for too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast