autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help out a Newb - driveway spots caused by tire / wheel cleaning products

I searched the forums and didn't have any luck finding any answers. Yesterday I tried out McKee's 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel and Maguiar's Endurance Tire Spray on the wheels and tires of my wife's car. When I was done, there were spots left on the driveway. This obviously isn't something I want to leave behind on a client's driveway. How do you guys avoid creating stains? Should I lay down a tarp or mat and drive the car onto it?

Any advice would greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help out a Newb - driveway spots caused by tire / wheel cleaning products

I never ever detail on paverdriveways.I will simply tell the customer I prefer to detail out on the street and they totally respect that.Try using a degreaser and agitate and let dry.Endurance is oil based should come off.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I never ever detail on paverdriveways.I will simply tell the customer I prefer to detail out on the street and they totally respect that.Try using a degreaser and agitate and let dry.Endurance is oil based should come off.
    Thanks GSKR! Do clients not care if you leave spots in their street? Or do you do a quick spot cleanup before you leave?

Post Thanks / Like

That's one of the reasons I do not use spray on tire dressing anymore, with the exception of the occasional Meguiars Hyper Dressing. When using it, I have 4 pieces of cardboard in the garage. Slide them under the edge of the tire, and move the car until they're completely under the tire....problem solved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    That's one of the reasons I do not use spray on tire dressing anymore, with the exception of the occasional Meguiars Hyper Dressing. When using it, I have 4 pieces of cardboard in the garage. Slide them under the edge of the tire, and move the car until they're completely under the tire....problem solved
    yeah, I'm going get away from the spray stuff myself. just had my driveway sealed in the fall. same here with four pieces of cardboard under the tires. when I'm real ambitious i jack up the truck or car enough to spin the wheels. just to much to do with spring time cleanup ahead. good luck.
    hmardown

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    yeah, I'm going get away from the spray stuff myself. just had my driveway sealed in the fall. same here with four pieces of cardboard under the tires. when I'm real ambitious i jack up the truck or car enough to spin the wheels. just to much to do with spring time cleanup ahead. good luck.
    hmardown
    What kind of non-spray on tire dressing do you recommend? I think that is the way to go. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of the spray, why not Endurance Gel?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem is that Endurance stuff. If it's what I think it is, it's oily & greasy...

Poor Boys Bold n Bright is what I'd recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboysdetailing View Post
    What kind of non-spray on tire dressing do you recommend? I think that is the way to go. Thanks everyone!
    i haven't picked anything out yet. griots has something pretty good. but I'll probably just search this site & find something i can use with a foam applicator.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Endurance Gel looks great......with careful prep and application, you can avoid significant sling. I've never been able to avoid it completely with it. I use Chemical Guys VRP for tires...love it. No sling, easy to apply and easy to control the shine. It's what is on my tires in my avatar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast