autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autowerx CeriGlass Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    LOL! Hey what can I say, I'm a quick learner. And, technically this was my 2nd time using my new rotary.

Honestly, I was just so impressed with the results that I wanted to share it with everyone. I hope anyone that has a glass polishing project coming up will find this information helpful.
    The windshield and driver's door glass have some serious issues that I'd like to take care of. I just need a rotary, first. It's more likely that I'll trade the car in before I care enough to fix it. Just one of the many things I'd need to do to the car to make me somewhat happy with it.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Having picture perfect glass definitely makes for a better driving experience... especially at night.

The thing that killed me is I dragged my wife out into the garage to show her the half and half of the windshield and her response was "Eh, it looks kinda better I guess." She had always denied that there were any scratches on there in the first place though.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Mike Phillips

Honestly, I was just so impressed with the results that I wanted to share it with everyone.
    Like the saying,

Each one teach one...

The best part is that your article is well-written, has great pictures and your writing style is positive and helpful.

I know of detailing forum personalities that think they're "all that" yet I've never seen a single professional, helpful article they've authored. Zero. Just read through their posting history on any forum they post to.

One of the rewarding things about writing a good how-to article on an established, credible detailing discussion forum is that it will be around for a l-o-n-g time and help hundreds, if not thousands of people into the future.

IT also brands your name because people will remember the person that helped them, that's why I wrote this article about taking some time to consider what type of name to use on a discussion forum.

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name

I'm in this for the long run, that is I've been posting to the Internet since 1994 and I plan on posting to forums until the day I die because I enjoy it and it's a part of who I am. On the flipside of the coin, I've seen a lot of shooting stars come and go. There's room for everyone but if you're going to be in this for the long run and you're of the type that likes to help others and you want to leverage your efforts to their maximum potential then carefully consider the "name" you post under.

My article above really states the ramifications in-depth. I can't tell you how many times I've met leaders in the automotive business world at places like SEMA that come up to me and let me know they've been reading my articles for years.

A good name and a good reputation is built through a person's posting history. Guard it carefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, I would like to give a special shout out to Cee Dog for his original CeriGlass review which helped me plan my course of action for this tutorial without too much trial and error.
    Thank you I appreciate that greatly.

Awesome writeup! Rofl at your wifes denial of their existence.

Excellent step by step and glad to see your verification of many of the same methods I used. That Cyan Foam pad works great! Also, spraying the pad occasionally to reactivate the polish so you break it down completely is an important step imo.

I disagree about not being able to get perfect results via D/A but I have only used the 3401. However based on the power of the Griots there's no way the amount of pressure I was using would have stopped it. I've never used a PC.

Of course since I have a rotary I don't use the 3401 on glass polishing. I did that only for the writeup.

Excellent work and much appreciated by us all
    Last edited by CEE DOG; 06-29-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I've never used a PC.
    You're not missing anything.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered ceriglass and a LC glass cutting pad. I have wiper scrapes all over my windshield, they don't look deep at all and you can't feel them with a fingernail. I used my PC7424 on low then highest setting, LC glass cutting pad, ceriglass, tried spritzing it to keep the polish going longer. The results where it did absolutely nothing to the scratches, not even the slightest bit of improvement, well it did add some DA nicks/scratches. I was shocked that it made absolutely no difference in the surface wiper scratches when doing a 50/50 despite them not looking deep at all. I tried a yellow cutting pad and a tangerine LC pad and they did absolutely nothing to the windshield scrapes with the ceriglass other then get my windshield really hot. I had high hopes but could not be more disappointed with the results. Not sure I want to try a power drill or go out and get a rotary as there was simply no difference with my PC set on highest and several passes, I would be afraid a rotary would damage the glass by heating it up too much.

I was able to polish some watermarks/grime out but I am sure I could have done that with Menz IP and a orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lexusgs View Post
    Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered ceriglass and a LC glass cutting pad.
    I think the disappointment most people experience the first time they attempt intensive glass correction is due to those LC glass cutting pads. They are SO unforgiving. They are decent with a rotary but they are absolutely HORRIBLE when paired up with a DA polisher. I have never been able to use them without seeing DA haze.

I have recently ordered some CarPro glass pads but have not been able to use them yet. There was another glass polishing thread recently where someone was able to get very good results with the CarPro glass pads, CeriGlass and a DA polisher. I would recommend giving those a go because I am 100% positive it is not the polish that has let you down.

I will be doing another test very soon with the CarPro glass pads, CeriGlass, and rotary. My hope is that I can achieve the same results as in this tutorial but only in one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent article. CeriGlass can be pretty confusing and frustrating to use at first but this breaks it down in simple easy to follow steps. This stuff is so messy it is imperative to cover everything up to avoid splatter. Did you run into any problems with the LC pads separating as others have mentioned?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esv5454 View Post
    Excellent article. CeriGlass can be pretty confusing and frustrating to use at first but this breaks it down in simple easy to follow steps. This stuff is so messy it is imperative to cover everything up to avoid splatter. Did you run into any problems with the LC pads separating as others have mentioned?
    Thanks. I never ran into any separation issues with the LC pads. They actually seem to be quite durable. They just are not very easy to work with.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the disappointment most people experience the first time they attempt intensive glass correction is due to those LC glass cutting pads. They are SO unforgiving. They are decent with a rotary but they are absolutely HORRIBLE when paired up with a DA polisher. I have never been able to use them without seeing DA haze.

I have recently ordered some CarPro glass pads but have not been able to use them yet. There was another glass polishing thread recently where someone was able to get very good results with the CarPro glass pads, CeriGlass and a DA polisher. I would recommend giving those a go because I am 100% positive it is not the polish that has let you down.

I will be doing another test very soon with the CarPro glass pads, CeriGlass, and rotary. My hope is that I can achieve the same results as in this tutorial but only in one step.
    Do you have a link to these CarPro glass pads, I did a quick search on them and could not find them, only ceriglass. Are they thicker, more flexible, more suitable for a DA. Do you have a DA or access to one to see if the CarPro glass pads will work with a DA? I was just going to say forget trying to get the scratches out of my windshield after my experience and just Rain X them but if you get good results from the CarPro pads and a DA I will give them a shot.

With the popularity of DA buffers and with so many windshields scratched up whoever makes a good glass polish/pad system for DA's that really works is going to get a lot of business. Same with whoever makes a permanent coating for headlights that will last several years before yellowing again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast