autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Micro Fiber Cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    ...Cobra MF towels is all I use.
    Though I really like Cobras (these are the ones I like the most Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches), I think you should try Microfiber Madness - you won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

BF MF detergent is the absolute truth.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I use Blackfire Microfiber cleaner with no issues at all. Highly recommend.

Post Thanks / Like

Micro Fiber Cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    Though I really like Cobras (these are the ones I like the most Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches), I think you should try Microfiber Madness - you won't be disappointed.
    Hmmm never heard of them. I use other brands for non-paint purposes, but I use Cobras because they have never let me down, and I like to support AutoGeek by buying their house brands that suit my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm never heard of them. I use other brands for non-paint purposes, but I use Cobras because they have never let me down, and I like to support AutoGeek by buying their house brands that suit my needs.

Microfiber Madness is a German copany that makes very high quality towels with a premium price. I have tried a couple of their towels in addition to the Incredimitt (which I love!!). I still use Cobra's more than anything. I know I can trust them to do exactly what they are intended to do. In addition, durability is second to none. I really enjoy the MM towels as well but I have a hard time using them sometimes because I don't want to get them dirty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    Microfiber Madness is a German copany that makes very high quality towels with a premium price. I have tried a couple of their towels in addition to the Incredimitt (which I love!!). I still use Cobra's more than anything. I know I can trust them to do exactly what they are intended to do. In addition, durability is second to none. I really enjoy the MM towels as well but I have a hard time using them sometimes because I don't want to get them dirty.
    Thanks for filling me in dude. I will try them sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Never reuse mine. Separate them after each use into 4 bins (use to be 3) depending on what, where, and how dirty.

I don't however use a dedicated MF cleaner. I'll use a non bleach, non fabric softener liquid detergent mixed half and half with Woolite. Built a specialized program in my washer for them. Does a presoak, wash, extra rinse, extra spin. They come out like new every time.
    I think I'll give your method a shot. What brand detergent do you use?

I'm anxious to see the difference...

Post Thanks / Like

I use a MF Cleaner I can get locally, along with some oxi clean, hot water, regular cycle. Dry on medium heat, short time. Wash all my MF's together, and then do a load with my drying towels and windshield towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KenVette57 View Post
    My Micro Fiber towels are fairly new. I wash them pretty much after every two or so uses. To wash I've used DP concentrate with ok results. My concern is that I wash them too often and that they're wearing out. Any suggestions on a product that will rejuvenate the towels and REALLY clean them? Also, what is the life span of micro fiber, pricey stuff but great and a must have.

Thanks
    Micro fiber towels can be washed 100s of times, I would not worry about that at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Just doing a maintenance wash after each use I use a little bit of regular laundry detergent with about a cap or two of Meg's APC+. I dry them on extra low or on the air only setting of the dryer to keep static down.

If I need to do some heavy duty cleaning I will place the towels in a bucket of water with an ounce or so of Purple Power degreaser, agitate and let them sit overnight. I'll rinse them really well afterwards and wash via my normal routine listed above.

These processes have worked out fine for me. I never did see the need for a dedicated MF cleaning solution.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast