autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Blackfire Wet Diamond Alll Finish Protection vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

I would like to hear from anyone who has compared Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. I have been using Blackfire All Paint Protection on a bright red (non-metallic) car for the last 5 years with excellent results and am ready to re-order. While I am intrigued with the Wolfgang car care products, I would like to receive some opinions as to which brand would work best on red and blue metallic and non-metallic cars due to the expense of these products. Should I consider switching or stay with Blackfire. I apply the sealant to my car every 1-2 weeks. When I polish, I use Menzerna Final Finish. My quick detailer spray is Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer spray. My car wash shampoo is Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo. Any recommendations in any or all of these areas would be greatly appreciated.

For those who recommend putting wax over the sealant for a deeper shine, I opted not to do that since my car is a daily driver, I polish it so often, and I would have to strip off the wax every time I wanted to apply sealant. I am happy with the gloss provided by the sealant alone. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond Alll Finish Protection vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

From my understanding, the main advantage to Wolfgang is it has superior durability. So if you are applying it every couple weeks, I dont think that will matter. Get the cheaper one!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond Alll Finish Protection vs Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

I am a blackfire fan, and I personally see no issue to keep using what works.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big BFWD fan but I do have a sample of WGDGPS3.0 on my shelf

Post Thanks / Like

Both are superior products. Try WG and if you don't care for it, go back to BF. I started with BF, and now I have so many different waxes, sealants and QD's I change up everytime I clean my cars. Guess I'm true geek.

Post Thanks / Like
    WG user here. I think the WG leaves a much slicker finish but both are very similar appearance wise. I have a dark green and dark blue metallic car I use it on.

With either product, applying every two weeks or less is overkill and a waste of time and money. They both will last muuuuuuch longer, even on a daily driver.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on all of the responses I have received so far, I can tell you that both products are the same price. As far as over-applying the sealant as being a waste of time and money, I find it less expensive to apply the sealant than the polymer spray, since it spreads so far. As far as being a waste of time, I enjoy doing it, so that is not a factor.

I noticed that WG3.0 is not supposed to come in contact with water during application, but I apply BFAP with a damp cloth and many times there is some residual water droplets left on the vehicle. Am I applying this sealant wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

I tried both and now use nothing but bfwd, it was slicker and left a nice feeling to the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Both are superior products. Try WG and if you don't care for it, go back to BF. I started with BF, and now I have so many different waxes, sealants and QD's I change up everytime I clean my cars. Guess I'm true geek.
    You sound like me! I must be a true geek too. Must be a Mustang GTCS thing.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast