autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: m105??

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Dana

How long should a section pass take with 105 on a 18x18 section? With wool... and with a pad... I can get 2 passes before dusting or 1 if i give some pressure and slow down to work on a RIDS and I think i confuse the dusting with drying... and I also figured out i was not using enough product... worked it to long... and let the pad cake up a few times on me...

I tried redoing it all spurring after each section and think I did a better job... Definitely think more procedure was a key to fixing defects within the short working time.

I ran outta 105 (damn 8 oz bottle that was more then 1/2 empty) before I got to practice with the white CCS and the 105 to see if i could remove halograms I put in with the wool.

Mulitple 205 + White CCS passes would not touch my marring though from the wool. Out of frustratin i grabbed the PCXP and Syn1 (from pb's beta test) and an org pad and with tons of pressure and multiple passes... This stuff did not do a single thing but put on a dust show! So the truck sits with ugly halograms on the side of the bed until my new pads backign plate and 32oz bottles of 105 and 205 come in... I will also test out Opt spray compound to see if it cleans any of it up.

I think for us newbies the short working time doesnt help when we make and extra pass outta unconfident decision making.

Anyway ill keep ya post and thanks for the hours of help Dana. Waiting for you to start making videos

Chris
    I'm assuming you're using a rotary with the wool pad?

I thought holograms are shallow swirls and should be easily removed with something like 205. I guess not.....
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I'm assuming you're using a rotary with the wool pad?

I thought holograms are shallow swirls and should be easily removed with something like 205. I guess not.....
    Not true, depending on the defects and the type of paint they can be a pain and then add in the new to the tool deal and you will have some problems.

Chris we just need to meet up and I will remove/show you how to get rid of your misery. The Z06 is still here if you want to help-lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Not true, depending on the defects and the type of paint they can be a pain and then add in the new to the tool deal and you will have some problems.
    Thanks for the tip. I've been itching to learn how to use a rotary, but I want to get really good with a DA first. Like your student Tad for example.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Chris we just need to meet up and I will remove/show you how to get rid of your misery. The Z06 is still here if you want to help-lol.
    Well if it isn't ole sleepy head. What are you doing awake already. Its only 14:15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well if it isn't ole sleepy head. What are you doing awake already. Its only 14:15
    It is early-lol. I pulled a two day all nighters on one of the 2 Z06's I have to do and I just fell out about 7 pm last night and just woke up about 2 hours ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I've been itching to learn how to use a rotary, but I want to get really good with a DA first. Like your student Tad for example.
    Well Mark all my students move on and become excellent detailers with all the CORRECT knowledge they have gained.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Mark all my students move on and become excellent detailers with all the CORRECT knowledge they have gained.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Just found this thread and am wondering, where can I get some more info on how M105 was designed to work? I did the tailgate of the truck as a test and I was amazed at how quickly it dried/dusted. Eventually I was adding distilled water which after reading this entire thread to this point, seems to be counter-productive. Even though it dried quickly, after finishing with 205 (which is a dream to work with), most of the swirls were erradicated. I'm not giving up on M105 because I've only had like 5 passes with it but I was wondering if my problem was with my choice of priming product (started out with Pinnacle pad conditioner and then moved to distilled water). Any links regarding M105 to educate myself? Everything in my arsenal is Menz except for the M105/M205 that I recently tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Ph16 are you using a da or a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

2'x2' is just too large for a DA. Especially when using m105. Bring it down to about 14"x14". Check if it stills dries too fast.

And what they said is right about it cutting fast, you don't need more passes to achieve the correction you want unlike other products.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast