autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Confusion on gift cards

I have Amex gift cards and visa gift cards which work a bit like a debit card. I am really confused with Autogeek as they want one form of payment only. Is it me or shouldnt you be able to pay with gift cards like this when placing an order? Maybe add a section for gift cards separate to Autogeek and then remaining balance?
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confusion on gift cards

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I have Amex gift cards and visa gift cards which work a bit like a debit card. I am really confused with Autogeek as they want one form of payment only. Is it me or shouldnt you be able to pay with gift cards like this when placing an order? Maybe add a section for gift cards separate to Autogeek and then remaining balance?
    Call them. I'm sure they can do that over the phone. But yah, would be good to be able to do it for online orders too.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Call them. I'm sure they can do that over the phone. But yah, would be good to be able to do it for online orders too.
    Im not necessarily calling out autogeek to be mean. But its not like this is some sort of shaddy COD purchase. I just thought it would be good if they could also accept more forms of payment
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried to buy a pair of Maui Jims on a website, $137.50, I have $100.00 Amex gift card, couldn't use since the total price exceeded the gift card. I've had this happen on other sites before too, so not just AG. I'd suggest you call customer service and see if they can run the transactions manually. In my case I didn't need the sunglasses that bad so they lost my sale.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I just tried to buy a pair of Maui Jims on a website, $137.50, I have $100.00 Amex gift card, couldn't use since the total price exceeded the gift card. I've had this happen on other sites before too, so not just AG. I'd suggest you call customer service and see if they can run the transactions manually. In my case I didn't need the sunglasses that bad so they lost my sale.

I feel your pain. All stores are now wanting you to use their gift cards making your money and cards literally useless. For now I used another form of payment but in the future things will need to change
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Im not necessarily calling out autogeek to be mean. But its not like this is some sort of shaddy COD purchase. I just thought it would be good if they could also accept more forms of payment
    Round about way of doing it, but you could buy a 100.00 gift certificate then redeem it and pay the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Round about way of doing it, but you could buy a 100.00 gift certificate then redeem it and pay the difference.
    Which I have done. However, lets say I want to buy an amount smaller than the gift card. If I were to purchase an AG only certificate, I cant use it at other stores. Id rather just be able to use the gift card instead of all the hassle.
    Bill 1234

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. All stores are now wanting you to use their gift cards making your money and cards literally useless. For now I used another form of payment but in the future things will need to change
    Man, you should have called AG. Awesome phone customer service. I bet they could have done what you needed over the phone.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Which I have done. However, lets say I want to buy an amount smaller than the gift card. If I were to purchase an AG only certificate, I cant use it at other stores. Id rather just be able to use the gift card instead of all the hassle.
    I would think if you're charging less than the amount of the gift card it would leave the remainder on the card. I agree with you a split payment option would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

I have run into this issue at other stores. best bet is to have clerk ring up the sale and pay balance with another form of payment. calling AG would have worked the same way I would say .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast