autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

1966 Corvette on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Rotary Buffers

1966 Corvette on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Rotary Buffers

Rotary Buffers on My Classic Car - Dennis Gage & Mike Phillips

One of Dennis's friends, Scott brought us his classic 1966 Corvette to work on for our video on rotary buffers.

The finish was actually in very good condition with only shallow or light swirls in the clear coat finish.

Here you can see Scott watching after we positioned his car for the video...

Mike Phillips

Re: 1966 Corvette on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Rotary Buffer Video

In this shot I'm setting up the Flex PE14 with a blue 4" CCS Finishing Pad that we're going to use on a thin panel on the front of the Corvette.

Here's Max going over some of the points he wants covered in this segment. Dennis is great at making sure all the right information is presented so the features on his show are both fun and educational.

The guy on the right is Ben, he's the Producer and before we start we have a meeting on how we're going to open the segment and then the direction we're going to go with the information and then where we'll stop before moving over to work on the Corvette.

In this segment we shared how modern rotary buffers have changed in the last few years becoming smaller, lighter and more compact with lower RPM ranges than the rotary buffers that most people are familiar with. We also talked about the huge variety of pads types and sizes that are available to enable a person to match the pad to the panel for best results.

After we taped this feature I got a picture of Scott and Dennis in Scott's Corvette...

And then I thanked Scott for taking the time to bring us he Corvette and also for letting us work on the finish.

IF you're going to SEMA in a few weeks Dennis will be in our booth signing autographs on Wednesday, November 2nd, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm.

Celebrities at Autogeek's 2011 SEMA Booth

Mike Phillips

Re: 1966 Corvette on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage - Rotary Buffers

[B]***Update***

Just heard from Sheila Perkins, the Vice President of Sales for My Classic Car that this how-to segment will be on the first show of the brand new season for My Classic Car.

The first new show for the season will be on March 4th at 9:30am Eastern Time on SPEED Channel. If this date and/or time changes in the next few weeks I'll update this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

TiVo is set!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    ***Update***

Just heard from Sheila Perkins, the Vice President of Sales for My Classic Car that this how-to segment will be on the first show of the brand new season for My Classic Car.

The first new show for the season will be on March 4th at 9:30am Eastern Time on SPEED Channel. If this date and/or time changes in the next few weeks I'll update this thread.

Mike Phillips

Reminder that the first show of the NEW 2012 season for My Classic Car is on this today!

Check it out on SPEED Channel!

Starts at 9:30am Eastern Time

Mike Phillips

Time slot chagne, a repeat was on at 9:30am and the new episode is on right now, at 10:00am Eastern Time.

Mike Phillips

Did anyone see this over the weekend? If you did... what did you think?

Post Thanks / Like

I made sure to watch it when it aired. It was very well done IMO. The spots are getting better and better the more you do. Keep up the good work!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    I made sure to watch it when it aired. It was very well done IMO. The spots are getting better and better the more you do. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ed...

Dennis is so easy and fun to work with and his staff is top notch.

The rotary buffer is a little tricky to share in 4 to 5 minute segment but with the help of Dennis, quality tools like the Flex PE14 and pads from Lake Country, I think the segment came out very good.

Post Thanks / Like

I told my grandkids that hey I know that guy on TV and they thought I was full of it. Had to drag out some old photos to show em and the grandaughter mentioned that it looked as though you had lost weight and I hadn't. LOL. I enjoyed the show Mike and you guys are doing great work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast