autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help Me Pick A Camera

thanks for the input...tough decision coming up soon

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the T3, it's not the same as the T3i. A T1i is waaaay better than a T3. I would suggest a T1i for your price range. If you need a flip out screen I would choose the T2i over the T3i for the price, and because there really isn't much a difference in image quality of the 3. I never shoot using the LCD since it makes focusing slower, and your images won't be as sharp as being able to focus through the eyepiece. I have a 60D and T1i, they both take beautiful pictures, but the T1i is a couple hundred less. You can pick up an extra lens with that cash.

Canon EOS Rebel T1i 15.1MP Digital SLR Camera, Black - Walmart.com

Post Thanks / Like

You will get great photos out of either camera. I personally shoot with Nikon. The key for you will be learning to get the most out of the camera. I've been shooting for about 5 years now. Last month I showed up to a photography class with an old Nikon D40 and had better photos than most $3000 cameras in class. Know why? They didn't know how to maximize their equipment.

For beginners, I always recommend the following books: Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3: Scott Kelby: 9780321678737: Amazon.com: Books

Good luck. You think you're buying a camera to take detailing photos, but we all know you'll be addicted to another hobby soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a working photographer since 1974 and can tell you from experience (as was said above), the glass is the most important thing to look for. All of the main brands have good glass. In some cases, like Fuji, their lenses are from Nikon.

Also, the sensor size is important... bigger is better!

Then, learn the camera and some of the basics of photography. Learn to use light effectively (Photography is "painting with light"). Learn the rule of thirds... Once you learn them and they become second nature, then you can think about breaking the rules.

For me, I have been using Nikon's forever but Canon is a little more advanced when it comes to digital. The second lens in the deals you mentioned would move me to selecting the Nikon.

There ya go... my two cents worth.
    David Crockett
    (850) 658-2634

Post Thanks / Like

keep this your rule

non expensive body
    expensive lens

unless u have money buy both of them expensive

cheap body like canon d1100 i own one
    then u can invest in (L series lens) which stands for luxurious
    and wide angles lens are the best for standing car shots

Post Thanks / Like

I came across this website for some camera packages and the prices seem to good to be true.
    Nikon D5000 Digital SLR Camera (Camera Body)

Post Thanks / Like

The bottom line: what are you doing with the camera? If it is for your business and the family outings, you don't need an SLR! They look good but get heavy and awkword as you stroll around the sites. A good smaller camera will serve you well. If you are wanting fine art prints for the wall, a good SLR is great.

If you want to use a larger flash than what is on the camera, you will need a hot shoe on the camera or an x-sync plug in. If you are using a manual flash that is not synced to the camera, it will get a little more involved.

Adorama is a camera store out of New York and while it is a strange name, it is one of the biggest and most reasonable stores around. I've bought lots of equipment from them and they are always reliable. They also have some good learning pages for you to enjoy.

I have been shooting a long time and can tell you that some of those smaller cameras can shoot magazine quality images and are a lot easier to carry around.

One last thing... thieves are far less likely to steal your pocket sized camera than they are one in a larger camera bag with multiple lenses.
    David Crockett
    (850) 658-2634

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mean SS View Post
    Leica D-lux 5 . When only the best will do.
    You do know that it's the same camera as a panasonic lx5?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If would like some good camera info go to this website and study up, lots of good no-nonsense info on cameras, with recommendation's.

Ken Rockwell's Photography Updates

I have used his info to inform myself on camera decisions and buys and never been disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Studio shot comparison: Digital Photography Review

Go to this link and plug in the cameras your interested in purchasing and decide based on image quality. Being a professional, I completely agree with the advise to spend your money on glass which you will always have - not camera bodies since they come and go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast