autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Another new detailing tool.

Well yet again I bought another detailing toy to help make detailing faster, unfotunately the weather down hear has made it nearly impossible to detail anything in the past month, anyway I got a new pressure washer and did a few modfications to it. Check it out.

The pressure washer is electric with 1500 psi and only cost about $100 at lowes, I already have a 1800 electric at the house buts its kinda broken and its bigger and harder to move around, so when I saw the little one I figured I give it a try, and boy was I surprised. It is very light and easy to move around. At only 1500 psi this thing has some pressure. Now I did buy an additional kit at lowes for $30 that included a new wand, hose, and a small foaming attachmnet, which is why I mainly bought it. The wand in the kit has better adjustments than the one that come with the washer, it can go to a 0 degree spray, not really needed for car detailing, but it means that the wand can make a really high pressure concentrated spray. The foaming gun works very well, not as good as the one many use on the forum, but to me better than the foam gun, mainly cause it can spread out better. The amount of foam is controled of course by how much soap you ad, I tried both straight soap and then soap with water, straight soap give good foam, but its kinda wastefull, the water soap mix works great, spreads evenly and sticks, the only down fall is the size of the bottle. Overall this will cut down washing time mainly because I can get more junk of the paint before washing, and in washing my own car cuts out the need for two buckets. Here are some pics and the modifications I did.

The Pressure Washer

The modification I did was using quick connects on the hose attachment so hook up is quick, which is something I have always hated about using a pressure washer, cause you basically can't use the hose for anything eles, but now I can hook , then unkook t fill up a bcuaket or connect to my foam gun, or just have running water.

The wand kit I got for it.

Pic of the soap and water mix. I basically filled the bottle to the first indented line with soap then the rest water.

Pics of the foaming action.

Pics of the pressure washer wand. First 0 degrees and then the setting I use, but it will go wider, which I use for rinsing, not really trying to get anything off.

Well that it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another new detailing tool.

coooooooool

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

link
    Last edited by Meghan; 02-07-2008 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh meghannnnnnnnnnnnnn...make it goooo awayyyy

Post Thanks / Like

Corey Smith

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely cool, but when I see pics of foam cannons in action, the foam turns the car into an igloo, from the pics, it looks like a foam gun as opposed to cannon, does it produce more foam on a lower degree setting or with more solution?