autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cquartz UK Questions

Ok, so I'm planning to coat mine and the fiances car. I will be doing hers first as mine is in the body shop right now and will have to wait for paint to fully cure on the bumper. My plan of attack will be the same for both cars. They are both Honda Accords, a year and a half old. My sedan is silver while her coupe is white.

The Plan
    1. Clean wheels and tires.
    2. Wash using CG Honeydew and foam gun using the Gentle Approach.
    3. Spray again with the Honeydew and clay.
    4. Quickly rinse, dry, and spray with Iron-X then power wash it off and completely dry the vehicle.
    5. Orange Hybrid pad with FG400 (3401).
    6. White Hybrid pad with SF3500 (3401).
    7. CarPro Eraser.
    8. Black Hybrid with CarPro Essence (3401).
    9. 2 coats of CQuartz UK.
    10. Admire.

As for the questions; would you change anything? Does the Essence need to be wiped of before applying CQuartz UK? Will the 4 supplied suede microfibers be enough (per car)? Am I missing anything? What do I need to clean the suede rags with to be able to reuse them?

I'm sure I will have more questions as these get answered. Thank you in advanced!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz UK Questions

How is the condition of the paint?

The only thing I'd change is to re-evaluate to see if you even need Orange Hybrid with FG400. That's a pretty aggressive method, especially on a Honda (known for soft paint). I'd suggest go with the White Hybrid and SF3500 or CarPro Essense with White Hybrid first to see how it looks. There's no need to use both SF3500 and CarPro Essence. Pick one or the other. The idea is to go with the least aggressive method first. No need to take off more clear coat than needed.

If you end up using SF3500 then you'll need to use eraser before applying CQuartz UK. If you use CarPro Essence then I believe you don't need to use Eraser (but you need to wipe it off before applying CQuartz UK). I have not use Essence yet and going based on what I'm reading from others on the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

I think your making it harder than it needs to be.

Give CarPro Essense a try and see how it looks. The nice thing about essence is you can go right to applying CQUK.

Iff Essence isn't enough then go more aggressive. But I think you will find Essence correcting & filling a lot of imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like

I would wash, ironx, rinse, clay, re wash (I would prefer to use reset or Meg's 114 as they leave nothing behind) and go straight to a test spot with essence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apthai View Post
    How is the condition of the paint?

The only thing I'd change is to re-evaluate to see if you even need Orange Hybrid with FG400. That's a pretty aggressive method, especially on a Honda (known for soft paint). I'd suggest go with the White Hybrid and SF3500 or CarPro Essense with White Hybrid first to see how it looks. There's no need to use both SF3500 and CarPro Essence. Pick one or the other. The idea is to go with the least aggressive method first. No need to take off more clear coat than needed.

If you end up using SF3500 then you'll need to use eraser before applying CQuartz UK. If you use CarPro Essence then I believe you don't need to use Eraser (but you need to wipe it off before applying CQuartz UK). I have not use Essence yet and going based on what I'm reading from others on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I think your making it harder than it needs to be.

Give CarPro Essense a try and see how it looks. The nice thing about essence is you can go right to applying CQUK.

Iff Essence isn't enough then go more aggressive. But I think you will find Essence correcting & filling a lot of imperfections.
    Only reason I was planning on FG400 and orange is because I want to make sure paint is as good as can be before coating. Paints are in pretty good shape as we both take good care of the cars. I have been detailing for some years now at a shop and only hand wash my car there. We use the same methods on every car and I've become pretty inimpressed with it. So I'm looking to expand my knowledge with more/better chemicals so I can go out on my own. Figured I would learn on my own cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, I agree with the others. Your laid out plan looks great with the exception of the first compounding step.

I know you want to get everything perfect and I feel that SF4000 on the white Hybrid pad driven by the 3401 at speed 5 will have the cutting power to clean up the paint while finishing out LSP ready. Start off with this as a test spot.

Combine that with the CarPro Essence on the black Hybrid and it will further refine the finish while preparing the paint for UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Your simple attack to this project will be fine ,you will get so many opinions on here so go what you have ,and don't bother washing the app suede cloths they will harden ,maybe just buy enough of them next time as far as eraser it's up to you they say it's coating ready after essence.my personal approach doing all the prep work I would use eraser and let it gas out for 30 min before applying cq.merry Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I will do some test spots and figure the least aggressive approach. This will be the first time using Menzerna and LC pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Your simple attack to this project will be fine ,you will get so many opinions on here so go what you have ,and don't bother washing the app suede cloths they will harden ,maybe just buy enough of them next time as far as eraser it's up to you they say it's coating ready after essence.my personal approach doing all the prep work I would use eraser and let it gas out for 30 min before applying cq.merry Christmas
    Are you certain that the use of Eraser on freshly applied Essence is a good idea.

Would it be better to let it cure for a few hours?

Why do you believe a wipedown is beneficial between Essence & CQuartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    Are you certain that the use of Eraser on freshly applied Essence is a good idea.

Would it be better to let it cure for a few hours?

Why do you believe a wipedown is beneficial between Essence & CQuartz?
    I believe, from my reading, that it would better to use eraser before essence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast