autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence with non-CarPro coating

Quote Originally Posted by AGOatemywallet View Post
    I wonder if the one year durability of the fillers in Essence applies to when the product is used as a stand-alone, when topped with CQuartz or both

I believe the durability of the fillers is likely when it is used solo
    Correct, that is how it was explained to me.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if most of this prep dogma came out of the marketing departments rather than the chemistry lab. I would love to hear our friend PiPUK's comments on this but he doesn't seem to post here anymore.
    There is definite merit in being as fastidious as possible. It might not be necessary but it decreases the chances of problems.

There are certainly a lot of nonsense claims which come from marketing people. What I read online typically leads me to believe that many detailing brands (not all) have very little connection with the chemistry. To be quite honest, many things that I read will leave me wondering whether the marketing person has accidentally put in the information belonging to another product.

As for essence, I will be interested to hear more. I have picked up bits and bobs and it will be interesting to see the safety sheets to see whether there is anything actually interesting in there. As far as I can tell, the marketing leads me to believe that it gives excellent correction and leaves a coating (which isn't very hydrophobic). My immediate thought is what exactly is this coating? If it isn't very hydrophobic, how do we know it remains present? If it is present, we need to know more about it because we have no idea what effect it will have on other products. Mostly I would like to know what good the coating is doing? What is the benefit above a good correction and a 'traditional' coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Well lets see here.. and maybe apply some logic.

Essence has fillers- This we know
    Essence fillers are durable up to a year - Time will tell
    Opti-coat is Permanent or at least more than a year durable - This we know

Optimum claims the fillers will not allow Opti-coat to bond up to it's full potential - As stated by optimum

Cquartz Claims Essence will not inhibit the bonding of Cquartz. Makes sens if you assume they were made specifically to work together. - As stated by Cquartz

So whats the issue here? If you're a OC fan, Use hyper compound and hyper polish. If you're a Cquartz fan use Essence and Cquartz.
    Hyper is awesome. i use it often. but, there seems, as reported by several users and professionals, to be an extra brilliance gained by using Essence, supposedly due to the fillers perfecting the appearance past what other pure polishes can do...and on top of that, it has a cutting flexibility AND has an LSP feature, so, it's like a buff AIO. i can see the appeal and i'm particularly into OPT stuff.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Just wanted to add that my experience with applying BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat over Essence wasn't too great either. I love Crystal Coat on its own, but when I experimented with it over Essence, it was very sticky/grabby and I had a difficult time removing it. It wasn't impossible by any means but definitely required more effort. CQuartz, as I expected, went over Essence with no problem whatsoever.
    Thanks,
    That will illinate the need to try Blackfire on bare paint. Seems how since I'm trading in my car I have been using it to test products I don't think there is any bare paint left lol.
    Someone on Autopia said they had no problems with Blackfire over Essence. I think it may be wait time before applying the Blackfire. How long did you let the Essence cure before applying the Blackfire? I'm at the long end of the spectrum at 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried using Gyeon Mohs over Essence? I was planning on trying this on my personal car this weekend. Just thought I would ask incase any folks have noticed they do not play well together.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Mike he is a Gyeon certified installer.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Essence as a primer to a non-Cquartz coating since Essence was released about 6-7 mos ago. And so far, everything is holding up great. I've coated approx 20 cars like this, including my own which I drive every day and monitor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    I've been using Essence as a primer to a non-Cquartz coating since Essence was released about 6-7 mos ago. And so far, everything is holding up great. I've coated approx 20 cars like this, including my own which I drive every day and monitor.
    Thanks I have used Essence as a gloss enhancer/ primer on a few cars but always used Cquartz UK as a coating. What non Cquartz coatings have you used?

Quote Originally Posted by ww2717 View Post
    Check with Mike he is a Gyeon certified installer.

Mike Phillips?
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Lambert of the shine shop in Maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2x layers of Wolfgang Uber Coating over CarPro Essence a little over a week ago on my daily driven 2009 Jeep SRT8. I had zero issues with both products used in conjunction.

I'm going to wash it today for the first time since coating and take pictures for my write up.

Note: incredibly it hasn't rained for over a week here in Montreal (normally rains at least twice a week).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast