autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily driver

Post Thanks / Like

Daily driver

Wondering whatever one would recommend for a daily driver that's not garage kept. Obviously it's a little pointless to do a full paint correction and all that nice stuff. But am wondering what's the best process for keeping the daily driven vehicle looking good without wasted effort

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daily driver

HD Speed and a hydrophobic QD or drying aid.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

My daily driver is a yr old. 14k. I'm proud to say it's damn near 95%. I pretty much keep up with megs express wash and hydro 2 sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v1ru5879 View Post
    Wondering whatever one would recommend for a daily driver that's not garage kept. Obviously it's a little pointless to do a full paint correction and all that nice stuff. But am wondering what's the best process for keeping the daily driven vehicle looking good without wasted effort

A regular application of a good cleaner wax of your choice.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v1ru5879 View Post

I disagree with these parts. IMO it's even more important to do it to a car that sits outside. My son is driving one of my cars and it sits out all the time in the Atlanta heat and pollution. Within the next couple of weeks when he has two days off, you can be sure we are going full attack on it so it's set for Winter. Then in the Spring, I'll do it again.
    I had a 06 Civic that never saw a garage and I had 150K on it, most people would guess less than 50K when they saw it. I'd still have it if it didn't get run over by a semi. (slow turn hit but still totaled it)

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed and top it with Poxy, 16oz bottles, very affordable and will go a long way.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Coated it with Cquartz and then just wash it when it gets so dirty it bothers me. Paint is still pretty much perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

HD speed

Post Thanks / Like

My Crown Vic is coated with CQUK, sits outside, and is driven year round; sun and snow. Back in my early detailing days I wanted to make the paint as swirl and scratch free as possible, so I picked up a PC and went to town on it. It came out great; almost showcar, but since it is my daily driver eventually it got swirled and scratched again. It got to a point where I would literally loose sleep over it because I wanted the paint to be as perfect as possible, but no matter how careful I was, swirls and scratches happen.
    I finally realized that it is pretty much impossible to have a show car finish on a daily driver, so every year I hit it with Reflect to take out light to medium defects and bring the shine up. Could I compound and polish? Yes I could. But the car sits outside 24/7 and whenever you compound or polish you remove small amounts of paint, and my theory is that on a DD you need www much clearcoat as possible.
    Like I said, every year I polish with CarPro Reflect, and coat with CQUK. Is it perfect? No. Is its pretty good? Yes, and I'm satisfied with it.

Anyway for a daily driver I would say coat it and the rest is maintence.
    Cheers
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mittenz View Post
    I disagree with these parts. IMO it's even more important to do it to a car that sits outside. My son is driving one of my cars and it sits out all the time in the Atlanta heat and pollution. Within the next couple of weeks when he has two days off, you can be sure we are going full attack on it so it's set for Winter. Then in the Spring, I'll do it again.
    I had a 06 Civic that never saw a garage and I had 150K on it, most people would guess less than 50K when they saw it. I'd still have it if it didn't get run over by a semi. (slow turn hit but still totaled it)
    How did it hold up between corrections? Also how long do you space the services apart? I live in New Mexico so dry desert heat and cold mostly dry winters with occasional heavy snow and salted roads galore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast