autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opticoat 2.0 discontinued, OptiCoat Pro sees price increase

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I've actually had several clients ask what the product cost me and I have never had an issue sharing it with them. I believe the application time and benefits of the coatings I offer are well worth the MAP pricing.
    I am the same..... I even go so far as to tell them that they are more then welcomed to let me do the polishing (and I will account for my Hrs x (shop price)= $$) and they can apply the product themselves (consumer grade). If they want the PRO version then I will again account for my Hrs x (shop price) + cost of the product.

It never fails that they will change their mind very rapidly when they hear that a double Erasor wipe down (or a DP coating prep + Erasor) + application of the product is going to take them a few hours. If shop time is $50/hr and product is $60, and you are looking at 2 hrs of work then..... well, they can do the math. Please note that this is for the consumer grade. PRO grade is more expensive and also demands an "exclusivity" premium. I will show them the pricing for the consumer grade all day and will even assist them in purchasing it, but I spin myself out of telling them the PRO cost. In all, I have had ZERO customer take me up on my offer to coat it themselves. Even my non-coated compoundings end with me putting the sealant/wax on it, regardless of the open offer to let them use my shop and my products..... LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    •IMHO:
    -It's not the "Coating manufacturers" proper place to tell detailers what their minimum application price points of their Coatings---or any other car-care product----should be.
    But according to Setec, with Opticoat, you're giving them a top up of clearcoat ('cos it's PERMANENT) so you can justify the charge as a light respray and refinish

Post Thanks / Like

Permanent or not, its 5 years since my car on OC Pro. I am just gonna test it as long as possible before I sell it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    PERMANENT
    ^^^ PRETTY^^^

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSP View Post
    Permanent or not, its 5 years since my car on OC Pro. I am just gonna test it as long as possible before I sell it off.
    That's great durability. I'm curious how you maintain it and if it's ever been "topped" with other wax/sealants over the last 60 months.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    That's great durability. I'm curious how you maintain it and if it's ever been "topped" with other wax/sealants over the last 60 months.

This thread started by zerosp may provide some insight:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ro-reload.html

Post Thanks / Like

Weekly wash with ONR or Opt Car Wash (I have used some other shampoo as well), clay it once in a year.

Wiped down with OID all these while, but I am running out therefore I am looking for alternatives which the member below posted the link.

In the end, I find out there is not much point for me to put a good sealant top of it, I went with UWW+ wipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    This thread started by zerosp may provide some insight:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ro-reload.html
    Yes, but all the while just OID... And now it is UWW+

Post Thanks / Like

Specifically, you may want to take a look at this

Review: 4.5 years of Opti Coat (Update) with videos

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda bummed I never got a chance to try 2.0. Just ordered one syringe off of eBay to try it at least once. Should be here next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my thought, and I wonder why most of these companies do not do this. I know many of us have typed (since we are not speaking) our concerns over price and order minimums.
    Why can the manufacturer and distributors go to the likely candidates for "Pro Level" Installer status and make that detailer go thru training? There could be a fee even, but that person would need to go thru application training and also sales training to know what they can and cannot tell the client. Then they would receive a certificate of training completion. Then you buy directly from the distributor, but there are no minimums.
    I think that would be a great way to keep the talented part time exclusive detailers in the loop without a penalization for wanting to use a great product. We can all agree that OC is a great product, if not, no one would be worrying too much about this.

Just my $.02

HUMP

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast