autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car getting dusty REAL FAST

Yeah - was just an idea, but like I told the OP, you'll always get dust on your paint.... there is just no way around it.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, my car got its first "coat" of pollen today. One of the joys of Spring. Your best bet is to just live with it. If you leave it on the paint, you are not going to hurt anything.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like
    You could get the pollen off with the master blaster or a leaf blower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ao1051 View Post
    Is there any way to reduce the amount of dust your car collects... if not, is there a way to remove this dust with out QD the entire vehicle.. like a cali duster or something and do those things even work ?
    I use the CA Dustbuster and it works great! The other is the Metro Sidekick. The Sidekick blows the dust off.

The CA Dustbuster MUST BE USED CORRECTLY. If not, it WILL scratch the paint. Used right and it works great. To use the Dustbuster BARELY TOUCH the car. Just enough to where the strings are just hanging and gently brushing the car. It will remove the dust. The other is the sidekick blower. That can blow the dust off. If the dust does not come off, then you will need to wash the car (I foam gun 2-bucket wash) no questions.

It is possible to do a rinseless wash, however, a regular wash would be the preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Was pretty impressed with this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYGE...TkoxI5D17s1u-w

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Wolfgang sealant with collinite 845. V07 is my QD
    2014 Dodge Durango SXT Plus
    2007 Chevy Tahoe
    https://www.facebook.com/CajunAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VikingDetail View Post
    Use a spray detailer and a high quality microfiber towel, making sure you only use each side of the MF for ONE SWIPE to avoid cross contamination. Buff with a clean MF once all dust is removed.
    That's how I do it too when it's very light dust.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ao1051 View Post
    I'm using Wolfgang sealant with collinite 845. V07 is my QD
    This caught my eye. A couple weeks ago I applied DG 111 to my entire hood. I followed up with 845 on the passenger side to see if it added anything to the appearance. I could not see or feel an appreciable difference.

The next day I noticed a substantial coating of yellow pollen on the hood. Interestingly, the buildup was much heavier on the side I treated with 845 - I would estimate 2-3X heavier. I've seen discussions about wax attracting more dust/pollen than sealant, but was still surprised at how dramatic the difference was.

845 is great stuff, but maybe not the best choice if you live in an area with lots of airborne particulates. I've decided to stick with the pure sealant (DG 111) for Spring/Summer and use the 845 for Fall/Winter prep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I use the CA Dustbuster and it works great!

The CA Dustbuster MUST BE USED CORRECTLY. If not, it WILL scratch the paint. Used right and it works great. To use the Dustbuster BARELY TOUCH the car. Just enough to where the strings are just hanging and gently brushing the car. It will remove the dust. The other is the sidekick blower.
    Good advice if you want to use the duster. I don't use it often, but when I do it is great and I have never scratched the paint - and I have two black cars, one with extremely soft paint.

Even so, I still prefer using a waterless wash or quick detailer. You can doing it surprisingly quick, just a bit longer than the duster. Unfortunately, dust is a part of life...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I use the CA Dustbuster and it works great! The other is the Metro Sidekick. The Sidekick blows the dust off.

The CA Dustbuster MUST BE USED CORRECTLY. If not, it WILL scratch the paint. Used right and it works great. To use the Dustbuster BARELY TOUCH the car. Just enough to where the strings are just hanging and gently brushing the car. It will remove the dust. The other is the sidekick blower. That can blow the dust off. If the dust does not come off, then you will need to wash the car (I foam gun 2-bucket wash) no questions.

It is possible to do a rinseless wash, however, a regular wash would be the preference.

i use this method with the car duster as well. So long as I maintain my LSP, I fear no damage with this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Good advice if you want to use the duster. I don't use it often, but when I do it is great and I have never scratched the paint - and I have two black cars, one with extremely soft paint.

Even so, I still prefer using a waterless wash or quick detailer. You can doing it surprisingly quick, just a bit longer than the duster. Unfortunately, dust is a part of life...
    A California car duster can't get all the dust off, though. You need a waterless wash or at least a QD for that. Using the Car duster first knocks off the big dirt, and keeps the towels cleaner, and reduces the amount of rubbing potentially marring dirt on the paint to get it completely clean.
    If I'm just going for a drive, I'll use the car duster lightly before I go on my garaged, covered car.
    If I drove to a show, or was about to put the car under the cover again after driving, I would use the California duster, and then use a waterless wash.
    I would not keep dusting the car off at the show with it.One speck of dirt has a greater chance of marring my paint than it does detracting from the appearance of the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast