autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My technique concerning the 3401, Menzerna products, and Hybrid pads

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I love the idea of spinning the pad on the rotary and laying it on a MF towel, going to try your method today
    How did it work out for you Kevin?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the result of my work with menzerna fg400, hybrid orange pad and flex 3401. I love the size of the pad but the problem is j feel like I wanna cover more area specially when I'm polishing. Should I get the 6.5 hybrid white or black pads and use it with my rupes 21 with a 5in backing plate to jewel better? And how about I use the DRC pads. Will it finish as good as the hybrid pads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My technique concerning the 3401, Menzerna products, and Hybrid pads-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful 50:50 picture. Nice work.

When needing to cover more area, equip the larger 6.5" Hybrid pads with the factory 5.5" Flex plate.

I would not do any "jeweling" with a larger stroke free floating spindle machine. That's when a rotary such as the PE14 comes into play.

Never used a DRC pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again!! Thank you sir.mike!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: My technique concerning the 3401, Menzerna products, and Hybrid pads

Quote Originally Posted by jehsautosalon View Post
    Here is the result of my work with menzerna fg400, hybrid orange pad and flex 3401. I love the size of the pad but the problem is j feel like I wanna cover more area specially when I'm polishing. Should I get the 6.5 hybrid white or black pads and use it with my rupes 21 with a 5in backing plate to jewel better? And how about I use the DRC pads. Will it finish as good as the hybrid pads
    I use DRC pads, especially white and green; but they are rotary pads, with a hole in the center for minimizing swirls, so they say, but I never used on the 3401, only on the PE14. The DRC on a rotary works pretty well. The problem is the backing plate, you need a DRC backing plate, since the 5 inches is too big and 4 inches is too small. But I use on a 5 plate anyway, but the fitting is not perfect.
    I started using DRC mainly for the price, people in my country didn't like it, so it went on a huge sale and I bought around 10 pieces. But I got along with it very well, and indeed it seems to minimize rotary swirls. But never used for finishing, though.
    I would get 6.5 hybrids on a Rupes. And forget about using DRC for finishing. I also think that finishing with the Flex is a better choice than finishing with a Rupes.
    The hybrid pad line is best line of pads I came across, if I could I would buy a truckload of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPM_BR View Post
    I use DRC pads, especially white and green; but they are rotary pads, with a hole in the center for minimizing swirls, so they say, but I never used on the 3401, only on the PE14. The DRC on a rotary works pretty well. The problem is the backing plate, you need a DRC backing plate, since the 5 inches is too big and 4 inches is too small. But I use on a 5 plate anyway, but the fitting is not perfect.
    I started using DRC mainly for the price, people in my country didn't like it, so it went on a huge sale and I bought around 10 pieces. But I got along with it very well, and indeed it seems to minimize rotary swirls. But never used for finishing, though.
    I would get 6.5 hybrids on a Rupes. And forget about using DRC for finishing. I also think that finishing with the Flex is a better choice than finishing with a Rupes.
    The hybrid pad line is best line of pads I came across, if I could I would buy a truckload of it.
    I believe Renny Doyle uses the drc pads on his 3401. The way the foams are stratified, appear to be a Buff and Shine manufactured product.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Yah our group uses the DRC and it's a great pad. All I'm trying to do is to make a simple/ close to perfect combination with fg400. Guess I'm sticking to my hybrid/flex/fg400 combo. I'll probably just get the hybrid pad 6.5! Thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jehsautosalon View Post
    Thanks guys! Yah our group uses the DRC and it's a great pad. All I'm trying to do is to make a simple/ close to perfect combination with fg400. Guess I'm sticking to my hybrid/flex/fg400 combo. I'll probably just get the hybrid pad 6.5! Thanks again!!
    No problem. If you trying DRC, or Buff and Shine, try the Orange, and Yellow foams with the FG400. Right now I'm taking a food break from buffing some extreme oxidation with my 3401, FG 400, and Orange, and Green B&S foams. I'm actually grabbing my Yellow pads as I head back out. So far, the Orange has been killing it! The Green isn't bad either, better on swirls. The Yellow should peel off the oxidation with ease. I was told I'd have to repaint the car, which I probably will, but in the meantime I'm going to have some fun!

Post Thanks / Like

My technique concerning the 3401, Menzerna products, and Hybrid pads-imageuploadedbyagonline1431232625-055293-jpg

I just want to share! Fg400,LC Hybrid Pad Orange 5in and Flex 3401! Pure one step correction/polish! Thank you Mr.Smack!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    No problem. If you trying DRC, or Buff and Shine, try the Orange, and Yellow foams with the FG400. Right now I'm taking a food break from buffing some extreme oxidation with my 3401, FG 400, and Orange, and Green B&S foams. I'm actually grabbing my Yellow pads as I head back out. So far, the Orange has been killing it! The Green isn't bad either, better on swirls. The Yellow should peel off the oxidation with ease. I was told I'd have to repaint the car, which I probably will, but in the meantime I'm going to have some fun!
    Thank for the input, pretty man with a moustach, I know, but i can't help associating you with him. Amazing the impact an avatar has on you. I envision Mike Phillips as a tan dude buffing out an awesome yellow street rod. See what I mean, wierd huh ? Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast