autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Which Kit

Hello all Happy Holidays!! I've decided on a PC and would like to buy it as a kit which kit works for a newbee I have 3 vehicles 2 are 1 yr old and also a 6 yr old truck!! Mostly want this to help keep the new rigs in shape without destroying my arms I like clean but without the muscle!!????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Kit

I put together my own kit so I could get the 5.5" low profile pads that are preferred for the PC. I also use 4" pads frequently. I don't know what comes in a "kit" these days but don't go for the 6.5" pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the griots, it has more power and I think lifetime warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I put together my own kit so I could get the 5.5" low profile pads that are preferred for the PC. I also use 4" pads frequently. I don't know what comes in a "kit" these days but don't go for the 6.5" pads.
    I would also go with the 5.5-in pads. You can contact Nick and see if he can customize something for you. The pad cleaner/conditioner are not must haves. You do need to have at least 3 to 4 pads for each step since clean pads work better.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info so far....Does more power really matter with a DA??????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsofa View Post
    Thanks for all the info so far....Does more power really matter with a DA??????
    Yes. The Griots will be a significant upgrade over the Porter Cable. I think you will you will get better results faster. The Rupes is a bit more refined at a much higher price. The Flex offers forced rotation (consistent performance).
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

You will appreciate the power of the Griots once you get into this. It can handle anything you can throw at it with the right pad and polish. And, it does have a lifetime warranty along with Griots excellent customer service. Even though it can handle 6.5" pads equip it with a 5 " backing plate and use 5.5" pads for the most effective combination plus everytime you buy a 5 or 6 pack of pads you save money.

Post Thanks / Like

So what do you recommend for wax and cleaner on newer vehicles less than a year old?? Ok so if order the Griots I need to buy the 5" backing pad to go it??

Post Thanks / Like

I am a first time buyer of detailing items for AG. I used auto parts store items before. I purchased the Griots, along with 5.5" Hydro Tech pads and 5" backing plate. While I have not used other machines offered here on AG, I can tell you that I like the Griots very much. Lots of power. It is a highly recommended machine.

Yes a 5" backing plate would need to be ordered or as stated before call AG and they may be able to work something out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Alby!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.