autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I find it to be a nice offering, some of the line is medicore at best, but the soap is rather high ranking in my book.
    Hang on doggie ... so give us the skinny on what's so bad about Duragloss Products...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    You are right - the Civic rules. Dodges SUCK!
    Dodges suck? Lauren, what is happening to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    The DP regular car wash stinks compared to duragloss and at best the DP is less than mediocre.The extreme foam and the rest of the line is super!

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss is my go-to car shampoo
    I really like it. Here's on my own Z06 experimenting with a homemade foam gun

Well, in order to enhance my detailing tools supply, and to improve on the quality of my work, I needed a foam gun. But like they say, necessity is the mother of invention!
    With that said...this is what I came up with...
    I took the head unit off a bottle of a grass fertilizer, cleaned it real good, and screwed it on a spray bottle I have; the results, my own homemade foam gun!
    This is what it looks like: (just washed the car with the soap, rinsed, and dried -nothing more-) Just had to test it on my own car...
    Notice it has its own shut-off dial valve (in blue) :lol:

The results were ok. I was pleased that it worked like I thought it would. However, the suds action could've been better. I have poured about an ounce of a diluted 50/50 Duragloss Car Shampoo with water to experiment, probably an inch of the total diluted solution into the bottle
    Next time, I'm going to use the carwash soap in its concentrated form, now that I know it will work
    Here's some pics of its work...

And here are some afters...

Today, I put more concentrated carwash soap and the results were terrifiv. I forgot my camera earlier when I was detailing a mustang...may be next time I'll post some pics
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Who
    Hang on doggie ... so give us the skinny on what's so bad about Duragloss Products...

now, now .... nobody said bad. I try alot of brands and Duragloss is a nice line for most products. It doesnt however sit in the slots as best of the best. This comes down to personal preference, and again alot more products that most would try. The soap, aluminum wheel cleaner, odor remover, and fast and clean are very nice offerings.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Thanks for the tip.
    DG soaps adds shine to the paint.
    EDIT: Someone said DG#901 adds a lite sealant while washing. Don't know for sure.
    Yes indeed. I wouldn't be surprised considering the shine quality the soap provides. However, I really don't know that for sure.

I usually put that little bit of Rain-X in with the 901 and actually have a time of it keeping enough water on the vehicle. Sounds like a be all, end all mixture. But, the ironic part of it is, (i.e.) using the Rain-X soap, I notice the windows still spot. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Lauren.
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by ltoman
    Duragloss really is better IMHO as well. it does not strip like many of the Meg's, let's say, do. It goes a long way, foams up very nicely, and is pleasant to work with. It is a good price for its quality. On my vette and the Relay - the 2 new cars, 2007 and 2006, I mix some with Pinnacle to stretch out the Pinnacle and make it sudsier. Try it for yourself. To each his own, as they say. Pick it up at NAPA, try it, and when you love it order it from AG in big sizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    As offered by others (thats Den) I meant Duragloss. DP's line is rather well rounded and most every offering does exactly as offered. I think alot of individuals fail to try the DP line and miss some nice products at great prices.
    I love the Wheel Cleaner and 4 in 1, haven't tried others.....yet

The Duragloss soap is one of my favorites, along with Poorboy's SS&S. I will be going back to Duragloss once I run out of Poorboy's, possibly buying a 1 gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blue oval
    Yes indeed. I wouldn't be surprised considering the shine quality the soap provides. However, I really don't know that for sure.

I usually put that little bit of Rain-X in with the 901 and actually have a time of it keeping enough water on the vehicle. Sounds like a be all, end all mixture. But, the ironic part of it is, (i.e.) using the Rain-X soap, I notice the windows still spot. LOL.
    You put Rain-X in your Duragloss wash???
    The real WyStang:

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell. I put a cap full of Aquawax in my bucket of Duragloss Car Shampoo ...Slick Sh*t

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast