autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Post Thanks / Like

I give up

So today I wanted to polish my car to get it ready for 22ple. Went over the car with a white pad and TSR3.0. During the process everything was looking great. Once I'm done, I turn off the lights and check with a flashlight. And I see almost like holograms nearly all over the car! I'm using a PC for crying out loud. I tried EVERY possible product and pad combo to try and fix it. Nothing works. Super light polishing does not work. Even orange pad won't do good. I know is not my microfibers scratching it since they are high quality and washed last night. I've never been so disappointed before. I feel like total sh&! knowing I've waisted 5 hours making my paint look worse than before. I'm probably just going to put the 22ple on later today either way. I'm absolutely done with it. Just kinda felt like venting out over here :/ never been more pissed at myself before like this

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I give up

Do you think you're inducing the holograms or were they there before you began?

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    You polished a whole car with a PC in 5 hours with TSR? I don't think your breaking the polish down all the way (working it long enough). What are you working on ???

How fast are you moving the polisher? With a PC I'm going about 1.5-2" a second doing 5-6 section passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You polished a whole car with a PC in 5 hours with TSR? I don't think your breaking the polish down all the way (working it long enough). What are you working on ???

How fast are you moving the polisher? With a PC I'm going about 1.5-2" a second doing 5-6 section passes.
    My car is really tiny :/ I do exactly as you just said, and it still is there. My car is a 2006 eclipse gt with the infamous Kalapana Black paint...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    So today I wanted to polish my car to get it ready for 22ple. Went over the car with a white pad and TSR3.0. During the process everything was looking great. Once I'm done, I turn off the lights and check with a flashlight. And I see almost like holograms nearly all over the car! I'm using a PC for crying out loud. I tried EVERY possible product and pad combo to try and fix it. Nothing works. Super light polishing does not work. Even orange pad won't do good. I know is not my microfibers scratching it since they are high quality and washed last night. I've never been so disappointed before. I feel like total sh&! knowing I've waisted 5 hours making my paint look worse than before. I'm probably just going to put the 22ple on later today either way. I'm absolutely done with it. Just kinda felt like venting out over here :/ never been more pissed at myself before like this
    It sounds like you didn't break down the polish. Did you finish with the Finishing Glaze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

This is where I was going but I wanted to determine if they were there before he started. I'm thinking they were there but he might not be spending enough time and the finish also might be very hard.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It sounds like you didn't break down the polish. Did you finish with the Finishing Glaze?
    I tried everything from finishing glaze to even Blacklight. Nothing gets rid of the things. I just don't get it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    This is where I was going but I wanted to determine if they were there before he started. I'm thinking they were there but he might not be spending enough time and the finish also might be very hard.
    They weren't there before, that's why im so confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that paint soft ? Maybe it was to aggressive

Post Thanks / Like

I would take a test section (18"X18") which you should have done in the beginning and try some different combo's. As BobbyG said, it may have been there before you started. Do you have a more aggressive compound than TSR?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast