autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Prices And Recommendations For Full In And Out Detail Job

Hey Guys I need some input on the pricing for detailing jobs.

Although I am a beginner and can do the basic detailing job such as hand wash, polish, and wax I do not have the money or time to do a full detail to make the car look awesome like cars on the forum. In the future I plan to invest in a Griots Garage Polisher and learn detailing some more. But I want to have a professional detailing job in-out full detail and 3 step paint correction.

My interior is a mess when it comes to carpets and fabrics. The leather and dash are clean thanks to me but the seatbelts, headliner, side panel door fabric, trunk, and carpet are gross. I don't know what the previous owner did, but it looks like there was a farm or party in my car lol. It does not smell by any means but it is nasty.

My exterior is okay from pictures but if you look up close even though its much better than what it use to be after a hand polish and wax, there are noticeable swirls and some areas and the car has areas of touch up paint and clearcoat. Plus there are some clear-coat scratches that can only be removed by a DA or rotary.

I found a really nice detailing place and I even would get 10% off the full detail being a new customer. You can think of it they do it. From the engine, interior, buff, wax, clay, polish, glaze, door jams, and even the spare tire is cleaned lol

Many other places are car washes with detailing hand washes that only include vacuum, and hand wax. Even some of the best ones are not professional and are glorified car washes with many immigrant workers who seem to rush the car clean even with their expensive washes. Most of them wash the cars and use brushes, old rags, and dry the cars with squeegees (OUCH!!) and there is always a spotty job.

I cannot find any other professional detail place in my area that is good as this one. I was quoted at $350 for the whole job and would pay $315 after the 10% discount.

What do you think guys is this a good deal for the whole inside out detail? If there is a better option or place let me know. I live in Staten Island and would prefer to have it done here.

I wish I could do it myself but I do not really have the time and I want my car to come out awesome without the beginner errors. I plan on getting a DA down the road but I do not have the funds and patience at this time.

I will attach an image of the sheet I was given (I would be paying $315 not $350 for first time job) along with the website.

If you guys know of a better place and have it done at a lower price please let me know.

Thanks.

Auto Detailing and Accessories Staten Island, NY
    Last edited by speedgrid; 04-01-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you can't do any of it yourself? The menu you posted has numerous spelling errors and seems awfully expensive and isn't explained at all what will happen to your car. Also the website to the shop has no info on what they do or list their prices there. Who is in business for 25 years and has three pictures to prove their work?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prices And Recommendations For Full In And Out Detail Job

Hand compound.....stay sway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that paper is terrible. Where are you located? Maybe someone on here can help.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to know: what is "spray glaze" and how exactly does it enhance shine?
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for me, atleast you came to the right forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    U came to the right place for sure.. u can do it yourself better cheaper and prolly 5 times for the price you'd pay then to do half the job one time

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather run the risk of beginner error a hundred times over than invest into somebody's work who didn't spell check their work form of their business.

If they miss a detail like that how do you think the work on your car is going to turn out? That may sound like an unfair comparison initially, especially without having seen the place's work, but details are details, no matter the medium.
    07 Mazda 6i

Post Thanks / Like

If i were you, id find a good interior man and go ahead and get that done. Then id spend the next month on here reading, watching videos, and writing stuff down. For $300 you can buy enough bare bones supplies to do the job yourself. And doing it yourself, itll turn out 10 times better than a so called pro doing a "hand compound". Watch the videos on here and you will see that using a DA polisher isnt difficult or risky.

Mike Phillips

I agree with what everyone else has posted... please consider one of these two options...

1. Start a new thread with a title like this and let someone from this forum do the job and do it right the first time for a fair price.

Wanted: Professional Detailer for my car in Stuart, Florida

(Use the name of your city and state, not mine).

2. Purchase the tools, pads and products for the job and do it yourself. Even if you divide your budget into two projects, like inside and outside and after you finish one area of the car and as budge allows, ramp up for the next area of your car.

As was mentioned above, it's not that hard... in fact, I have an article by this title...

It's not that hard...

Note these people are not just "learning" on daily drivers aka new cars, they're learning on someone's "toys" or Special Interest Vehicles. More risk for me, more fun for them...

In the below live broadcast I show a 15 year old boy how to machine polish

Live Broadcast Video - 1965 Plymouth Valiant - Extreme Makeover

And in this one I show a 21 year old girl how to machine polish

Video & Pictures: 1965 Fastback Mustang - Gtechniq EXO Show Car Makeover!

Trista working with the rest of the team to machine polish this 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2

Trista removing swirls on a show car...

And in this one I show a 80 year old man and a young lady and here boyfriend how to machine polish for their first time...

Video and Pictures - Two 1967 Camaro's - Show Car Makeovers!

PLUS you have everyone on this forum to help you along the way...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast