autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Decisions RMG vs UPP ???

Decided to strip down the semi-faithful weary black steed today. She spent the week at the BMW mechanics ( ooouuuuuccch! ) having the coolant system replaced. Could be a pre-sale detailing.

Received RMG and UPP lately and trying to decide which goes under Souveran paste. Will polish with 106FF but there are marks in the 14 year old paint that won't come out with the PC so I have been anxious to try the RMG. At the same time, KillerWheels and others rave about the UPP/Souveran combo.

Anybody know if and how I can use both?
    Will UPP stick to the RMG? or vice versa?
    I believe the Souveran will stick to either

What to do?, what to do? I am so confused, to many choices.
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry friend, I can't help you. I've never used RMG or UPP.
    I've never have used Menzema polish. I want too. Somebody said that AG is looking to have Menzema polish, I hope so. Because I don't know the line. I want to try it so bad. lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    Decided to strip down the semi-faithful weary black steed today. She spent the week at the BMW mechanics ( ooouuuuuccch! ) having the coolant system replaced. Could be a pre-sale detailing.

Received RMG and UPP lately and trying to decide which goes under Souveran paste. Will polish with 106FF but there are marks in the 14 year old paint that won't come out with the PC so I have been anxious to try the RMG. At the same time, KillerWheels and others rave about the UPP/Souveran combo.

Anybody know if and how I can use both?
    Will UPP stick to the RMG? or vice versa?
    I believe the Souveran will stick to either

What to do?, what to do? I am so confused, to many choices.
    Try RMG/Souveran paste combo for soaking wet results. Thic combo will help hide some swirls that you won't be able to remove.
    UPP/Souveran combo is also nice (check out Killrwheels Vette), but finish have to be perfect (swirls free) for this combo o look it's best.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do the UPP/Souveran combo. It looks great. Haven't tried the RMG/Souveran combo but I plan to next weekend. Either that or VM as I will be doing it by hand. Haven't decided yet which I should try.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP is a fussy sealant...looks awesome and very slick..but I tried it over RMG and VMG...and It looked like it went on and took...but a week or two layer it seemed like it was gone....The oils in the RMG and VMG kept the UPP from bonding correctly and it just sorta floated on them and degraded...

So I would not use those under UPP...The RMG and Sov combo would be your best best....RMG with any good wax looks good....

But do not expect the filling properties to last long...a few washes and they start to re appear...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all!
    The RMG is on, taking a break before the Souveran.
    Still not filling the bird bomb craters but it is going to shine.
    Happy cinco
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    I also do the UPP/Souveran combo. It looks great. Haven't tried the RMG/Souveran combo but I plan to next weekend. Either that or VM as I will be doing it by hand. Haven't decided yet which I should try.

I HAVE TRYED THE UPP TOPPED WITH SOVERAN PASTE AND ALTHOUGH IT LOOKED GOOD AND BUTTERY, I FELT I LOST THE SLICKNESS UPP IS FAMOUS FOR....

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean but that's expected because UPP is no longer the top layer.
    I don't really care about slickness anyway. Yes, it feels nice to the touch but I prefer not to touch my paint. Also, I don't think slickness really does anything worth mentioning when it comes to protection. I mean if a car is travelling 60mph and hits some dust or whatever I don't think the slickness is going to come into play too much here. Just MHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... or maybe someone here can enlighten me about just how important slickness is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    ... or maybe someone here can enlighten me about just how important slickness is.

You make a good point.....maybe slickness equals nothing...but its that slick finish feeling you get when you feel the top layer , and not see prevalent dust on the Finnish the next day...................... although i did like the buttery look the carnuba left.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast