autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some Souveran Paste Wax, quick question about 1st time application

I have a fairly new 2007 Honda Accord, Nighthawk Black. I had the car professionally detailed about a month ago and had most of the swirls removed, and had the car sealed with Opti-Seal.

Since then, I have applied another layer of Opti-Seal and have kept the car clean while introducing a few more swirls.

One question I had about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is that it highly suggests that you clean the paint and polish it before application. As a matter of fact, here is a direct bullet point from a website selling the product:

*Requires a Polish prior to first time application.

My question to the Souveran pros in here, is that really true? I mean, in a perfect world I'm sure that would be best, but does the Souveran all of a sudden look like crap if the paint hadn't just been cleaned/polished prior to application?

I have a PC 7424 and Poorboys new Polish with Sealant. I used it on my wifes car about a week ago and it was very easy to use, wipe on and wife off. That said, it wouldn't be the end of the world to go over my car with this prior to applying the Souveran. Would it really help all that much being that I just had the paint polished about a month ago?

All comments are very much appreciated!
    Last edited by brig2221; 04-28-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no pro but I did my wifes car with out polishing it and it looked pretty darn wet to me

I get to polish it Sunday but it still looks great despite the fact it hasn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    A sealant and wax will enhance any surface. So, if you have a well prepped surface, it'll enhance it and make it look even better. Likewise, if you have a poorly prepped surface, it will look twice as ugly.
    Prep work is the key to any detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tod071
    A sealant and wax will enhance any surface. So, if you have a well prepped surface, it'll enhance it and make it look even better. Likewise, if you have a poorly prepped surface, it will look twice as ugly.
    Prep work is the key to any detail.

AGREE......same as a paint job...lousy prep lousy paint job........

Post Thanks / Like
    If your paint was recently preparred well , you can move onto the Souveran paste as a topper. The reason the comments are noted on site, is there are no cleaners or abrasives in Souveran to repair or correct paint. Thus protecting a bad surface would look like your were amplifying the lack or damaged paint.

Now that said, to get the true look of Souveran, I highly suggest using it once without anything under or over it. It is unique with alot of depth and wetness. That way to can decide its true benefit. Also remember its WOWO so dont allow it to dry. Wipe off while damp, panel by panel.

Scott