autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash question

I'm relatively new to the rinseless wash scene, and while I've done them a few times now with great results, I encountered a problem today and I'm hoping to get some feedback.
    I have ONR, pinnacle carnauba, and DP, and I've used them all with good results. Today I decided to use ONR on one of our cars that hasn't been washed in about a month and sits outside always. Well, seeing as it was filthy, and by filthy I mean just the dirt of everyday driving and multiple rains from the previous weeks, I took it to the quarter wash and sprayed it off to get the majority of dirt off the surface. When I started my wash, I noticed that while the ONR was cleaning the surface, it wasn't cleaning it all, almost like there was still a thin layer of dirt that the ONR just couldn't clean totally. This made me nervous as I was afraid that when I went to dry, which even though I always blot dry, that it would scratch. So my question is when is it too dirty to rinseless wash, and if there is such a thing, how do I go about rinseless washing in the winter when the surface will be even dirtier?

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you doing a two bucket method? Were you using as a spray or wash? If not a wash and two bucket that could be problem. Also one thing you could do is be sure to use a mf MIT. Also I might try and use a spray detailer for final wipe down. It may have been to dirty for rinse less wash. I have always used two bucket method without problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Were you doing a two bucket method? Were you using as a spray or wash? If not a wash and two bucket that could be problem. Also one thing you could do is be sure to use a mf MIT. Also I might try and use a spray detailer for final wipe down. It may have been to dirty for rinse less wash. I have always used two bucket method without problem.
    Oh yes, always a two bucket with double grit guards, presoaked with a waterless concentrate. I mean I was just kinda bummed that it didn't clean better, it was just about a months worth of daily dirt, and I sprayed it off first at the car wash. I use a wash pad from Adams, and am always super careful. Trust me, it took some time to mentally prepare myself to do a rinsless wash as I was afraid of hurting the finish lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash question

I agree it does seem odd. What type of towels are you using with ONR? Also to dry?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    I agree it does seem odd. What type of towels are you using with ONR? Also to dry?
    Nothing but microfibers. I know it seems odd to me too. Plus, when I was doing this it was windy and overcast, so I couldn't see the extent of dirt left behind clearly, so I'll have to give it another go on a sunny day and see what the issue is

Post Thanks / Like

Forget the two bucket method for this kind of washing. Check this out. I've tried it and it works better than anything I've tried before:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kY_S-fkgrE]The Garry Dean Wash Method GDWM Infinite Use Detail Juice Anywhere Wash Bucket Waterless Car Wash Auto Wash Rinseless Car Wash - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

When I do a waterless on rinseless wash I usually use one microfiber per section, and two dedicated drying towels. Usually gets the job done. I presoak with a pressure pump garden type sprayer the the two bucket method no grit guards as I never use a microfiber ater using it on a section. In all I use around 20 towels depending on how dirty the car is. I've been doing this a while and works really well.

Sent from my iPad
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

That is really strange. I have never had panels not come clean with ONR, besides bonded contaminants.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Was the car driven in a lot of rain? I tried to ONR my car after a storm hit us and it took a lot more effort than normal for me to clean. The dirt was so fine and was really clinged onto the paint causing me to use more pressure than I felt safe with. After I deemed it unsafe for a rinseless I went back to a traditional wash and the soap took care of it.

Instead of using microfiber towels why not use meguiars microfiber mitt? It's basically a microfiber towel but is easily rinsed out and much easier to handle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    Was the car driven in a lot of rain? I tried to ONR my car after a storm hit us and it took a lot more effort than normal for me to clean. The dirt was so fine and was really clinged onto the paint causing me to use more pressure than I felt safe with. After I deemed it unsafe for a rinseless I went back to a traditional wash and the soap took care of it.

Instead of using microfiber towels why not use meguiars microfiber mitt? It's basically a microfiber towel but is easily rinsed out and much easier to handle.
    Yes it was driven through multiples rains, but how are you supposed to wash it safely in the winter if Its twice as dirty and the rinseless won't remove a few weeks worth of rains?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast