autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Photo folders and easy thumbnails

It's been awhile since I've uploaded any photo's. I need to upload some into my gallery so I can post them on our forum. I have pictures from the Evansville GTG, and some test spots, and a horrendous hood from my Trashed Trailblazer work in progress. I know where all of the articles are and I will be reading them again. I wish they were in chronological order and in a single thread to make it easy to view by scrolling down rather than flipping back and forth page by page. But, I can work with it how it is.

Here's my issues:

I upload photo's from my camera to my computer and they go in a random folder under pictures. I think I made a mistake by not naming the photo's at this point because all they have is a bunch of jibberish for a name.

So, I opened easy thumbnails to shrink the size for uploading into my gallery. I was successful. The issue came when I tried to upload them. It's like it wanted to upload ALL of the photo's that are in this program.

I have a Cars folder, and a cars ready to upload folder. The cars ready to upload folder (a tip I got from Mr. Phillips) is, I believe, pictures that have been resized and are ready to be uploaded to my gallery.

Can I delete these photo's from easythumbnails, and start over without losing the actual photo's in my pictures folder?

I'm sorry. I'm not reall good with organizing these things. I suppose if I understood it more and was able to organize it better I'd certainly post more pictures than I do.

I'm going to wait for a few reply's and then I'm going to re-read Mr. Phillip's articles on this. However, it's not so much the articles that I have trouble following. As I said, I've been successfull with uploading before, rather, it's learning what to do with the photo's from the point they reach my computer. Perhaps I need to give the photo's a name, place them in my cars folder, take them from cars folder to easythumbnails, then the cars ready to upload folder. ?????

All of the pictures that I took from my pictures folder to easythumbnails I'd like to remove from easythumbnails so I can start over giving each photo a name so I know what it is without having to click on each one to view it.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't try and find the best photo's to put into the easythumbnails program and not try and put all of them in there. Some of them are not worthy of posting.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Photo folders and easy thumbnails

I have the perfect video for you: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...roper-way.html

Uploading photos is super easy! And I literally take you through the process A to Z in my video

Your cars ready to upload is a different folder, so if you delete that, it wouldn't delete the original file (cars). Just make sure that they are two different folders and one isn't in the other ie cars ready to upload should not include the folder cars.

Hope this helps
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Look and see if they are still in your picture folder now...they should be...and if they are there you aren't going to lose them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I have the perfect video for you: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...roper-way.html

Uploading photos is super easy! And I literally take you through the process A to Z in my video

Your cars ready to upload is a different folder, so if you delete that, it wouldn't delete the original file (cars). Just make sure that they are two different folders and one isn't in the other ie cars ready to upload should not include the folder cars.

Hope this helps
    Nice video for sure, but I'm not having trouble uploading to AG. It's more of how to organize things...I think.

Each time I upload from the camera the pictures are going several places it seems. Zoombrowzer, which is a new program that came with my Canon camera is one place.

Hold on...I just noticed that my recently uploaded photos did go in the "pictures" folder which is what I'd hoped, but it looks like I need to drag them to my "Cars" folder so I can rename them, decide which ones to upload to easythumbnails, and then place them in my "cars ready to upload" folder for my AG gallery. I think that's the correct progression. However, before I try it I have to step away for a bit. Getting a headache.

I should then be able to delete some of these from easythumbnails and then start over.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Nice video for sure, but I'm not having trouble uploading to AG. It's more of how to organize things...I think.

Each time I upload from the camera the pictures are going several places it seems. Zoombrowzer, which is a new program that came with my Canon camera is one place.

Hold on...I just noticed that my recently uploaded photos did go in the "pictures" folder which is what I'd hoped, but it looks like I need to drag them to my "Cars" folder so I can rename them, decide which ones to upload to easythumbnails, and then place them in my "cars ready to upload" folder for my AG gallery. I think that's the correct progression. However, before I try it I have to step away for a bit. Getting a headache.

I should then be able to delete some of these from easythumbnails and then start over.
    Does your camera have a microsd card that it saves the photos to? Are you on a desktop or laptop? Does what you use have a slot for a microsd card?
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Mike Phillips

See if my article here helps... I create a folder or "album" for each new project I work on...

How to create dedicated albums in your photo gallery...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Look and see if they are still in your picture folder now...they should be...and if they are there you aren't going to lose them.
    I tried deleting from easythumbnails and starting over, but they were also removed from my pictures folder, which is where they upload to automatically from the camera onto the computer, and I had to retrieve them from the trash bin.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Does your camera have a microsd card that it saves the photos to? Are you on a desktop or laptop? Does what you use have a slot for a microsd card?
    It's an sd card, but not the micro like you see in phones that only about a 1/4" x 1/2" or so. I have slots for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    See if my article here helps... I create a folder or "album" for each new project I work on...

How to create dedicated albums in your photo gallery...

The problem is before I get to this point.

I think when I extracted photo's from the camera to the computer and they went into the "pictures" folder automatically I should have then renamed each photo and took a look at each photo and placed them in my "cars" folder that you told me to create. I also have a "cars ready to upload" folder that you told me to create and I think I need to move them there before taking them into easythumbnails. Or is it the other way around?

I've got some roofers here, so it's a little hard to concentrate right now.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

My tutorial on Easy Thumbnails shows you how to set up the software to resize without distorting. Get that taken care of first, just look at the screenshots I posted.

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

If you need help call me and I'll walk you through it. While it's not that hard to figure out it would take some time to "type" it out and take more screen shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    My tutorial on Easy Thumbnails shows you how to set up the software to resize without distorting. Get that taken care of first, just look at the screenshots I posted.

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

If you need help call me and I'll walk you through it. While it's not that hard to figure out it would take some time to "type" it out and take more screen shots.

Let me get some quiet time this evening and I'll see what I can do. I've resized them with this program before, but l need to revisit your thread because I may have done a step or two wrong. If I can't figure it out tonight I'll give you a call tomorrow. Just shoot me a pm with a number...wait...I've got that...I'll just need an approximate time frame.
    Bill