autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Using the DA correction system on a 2007 prius

80% of my details are motorcycles, this Monday im detailing a 2007 Prius, I haven't seen the car yet but it black of course, he says there's allot of water spots. Hoping its not clear coat failer. I was going to use the Megs DA Correction System, I have 2 Micro fiber cutting pads and 2 polish pads do you think they will be enough to get the job done. Any other tips you guys might have is much appreciated, also what do you think I should charge him, wash, clay bar and paint correction?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using the DA correction system on a 2007 prius

Quote Originally Posted by jd56 View Post
    80% of my details are motorcycles, this Monday im detailing a 2007 Prius, I haven't seen the car yet but it black of course, he says there's allot of water spots. Hoping its not clear coat failer. I was going to use the Megs DA Correction System, I have 2 Micro fiber cutting pads and 2 polish pads do you think they will be enough to get the job done. Any other tips you guys might have is much appreciated, also what do you think I should charge him, wash, clay bar and paint correction?

Sight inseen? I for one cannot suggest Florida detail prices.
    Waterspots...4 pads will do that vehicle. Key is to not heat up the foam core by over-working in the sun...change pad frequently.
    Check pad temp. from the velcro side...you will also notice that they loose their stiffness or appear to be limp, as they start to get warm internally.
    Might even have to remove pad from the machine and place both out of direct sunlight if using the Griots DA. My PC will heat up a pad on a black vehicle in direct sunlight on just one section of the hood, or even a partial panel.

EDIT: OAN, I've never used the Megs sytstem, so maybe the advice as to whether 4 pads will work may be off base.

Time to make the donuts...

10-07 and clear
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

The Meguiar's DA Correction System has quite a following and works incredibly well. The best way to clean the pads on the fly is with an air hose but I suppose a brush and terrycloth towel would work as well.

As for charging I'd use a $25 / hour minimum and depending on how bad the finish is and what his expectations are you might be looking at a $250 or more.... You need to be the judge in determining price

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Iv been in Mikes classes I know about cleaning on the fly, I also bought a 20 gal air compressor for the tornado, so I can clean them on the fly and hit them with air afterword. I"ll be working under a 12 by 12 it works pretty good I even have a curtain to put up on one side, so the sun shouldnt be a problem. Ill be using the Portor cable for now the flex is in my future both DA and High speed. Iv done quite a few quick details, clay bar and pinacle 360, and they come out nice. This will be the first time Im doin a 2 step with wax, I have to admit im a little nervous. It will be a good test for me, Ill take pics of my progress as Im doing it. thanks for any advice.

Post Thanks / Like

I"ll be working under a 12 by 12 it works pretty good I even have a curtain to put up on one side, so the sun shouldnt be a problem.
    Forgot that you had posted about this.
    Good luck!
    VT
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a correction lol when I got to the job today it was a Pontiac solstice, not a Prius. Also the owner owned a Harley Davidson Ultra he wanted done. I have to say I love the Megs DA Correction system, the compound works great, but when you follow it up with the polish and wax all in one it really brings it alive. The first hour it was so so but after that I was rocking and rolling. I took pics on my phone as soon as I figure it out Ill put up the pics I took. It was a challenge because the whole car was full of white paint from over spray do to construction they were doing in there complex. The great thing I got three jobs in the complex from people watching me all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jd56;755074 It was a challenge because the whole car was full of white paint from over spray do to construction they were doing in there complex. The great thing I got three jobs in the complex from people watching me all day.[/QUOTE]

The speedy prep towel is amazing at removing overspray I had a couple of cars with an industrial coating/paint

and the towel removed it no prob and said "what's next".

Chad @ divine details

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chad I"ll definitely order some, many motorcycles I do have over spray and the clay don't always get it 100%, man time to go to sleep Im sun burnt and beat lol.

Post Thanks / Like

... I have to say I love the Megs DA Correction system, the compound works great, but when you follow it up with the polish and wax all in one it really brings it alive. The first hour it was so so but after that I was rocking and rolling.

...The great thing I got three jobs in the complex from people watching me all day.
    Good news is always a good thing

Keep on grinding!

Happy detailing...
    VT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast