autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie has a question. Already tried the search function.

Would you recommend putting on multiple layers of Z5? Because I am not totally clear on what layering is, does that mean apply Z5 and buff off and then reapply right away or wait a few days between Z5 applications?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Zaino beads water like crazy and it beads it for a long time. As long as you don't have something corrosive in the water drying on the paint and eating past the Zaino and leaving water "etchings" in the paint then heck yeah, beading looks cool.
    When I used to wash with hard water, I guess there are always a few drops that dry, from the sun, wind, etc., that you don't really notice. After time, holy crap there's like a ton of little water spot etches all over the car. Unless it's just our acid rain here in NJ. I noticed this on all my cars, but moreso on the one I use Zaino on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mambwe View Post
    Would you recommend putting on multiple layers of Z5? Because I am not totally clear on what layering is, does that mean apply Z5 and buff off and then reapply right away or wait a few days between Z5 applications?
    I don't really want to go on with this because it's not a product that's sold here. Most sealants there is a waiting time before you can reapply (typically 12 hours). It's always a good idea to have plenty of protection on your car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don't really want to go on with this because it's not a product that's sold here. Most sealants there is a waiting time before you can reapply (typically 12 hours). It's always a good idea to have plenty of protection on your car.
    While I appreciate your opinion and your generous help, I can't help but think posting about Zaino would not bother the folks at Autogeek. This is a forum about autodetailing. And while I did spend ~$80 on Zaino products, yesterday I ordered ~$150 in brushes, towels, wheel cleaners, and glass cleaners from Autogeek.

I appreciate your help.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mambwe View Post

Lots of Zaino users like to apply multiple layers in order to create a thicker overall layer of the product on the surface. I'm not sure anyone has ever proved that more layers of the Z5 or Z2 does in fact create a thicker and thicker layer.

A good rule of thumb for most products is to apply to applications for these reasons,

• Uniform protection
    • Uniform appearance

The more important idea is to do a good job of regular maintenance and then wash your car carefully so as not to induce more swirls and scratches into the future.

I know Sal Zaino personally and he's a heck of a nice guy. He attended one of my Meguiar's Detailing 101 classes in New Jersey one year and later we went out to dinner. Autogeek as offered to carry his products but he's happy with his current distribution system.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you regularly hold classes in New Jersey? I'm in NY and would be interested if you did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12