autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting racked over the coals on AG shipping costs

I'm just tired of all the BS. You have to play the system to get reasonable prices here. Like the AGO free shipping thing... Or waiting for BOGOs or VIP. I would much rather see "every day low prices" and a fair shipping charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    I'm just tired of all the BS. You have to play the system to get reasonable prices here. Like the AGO free shipping thing... Or waiting for BOGOs or VIP. I would much rather see "every day low prices" and a fair shipping charge.
    I hear you. Customers that don't know the system miss out. It would be great if they had a free shipping over "X" amount of dollars permanently affixed to their home page for all customers to see. Amazon does free shipping over $25, others over $75 and yet others over $100. If AG wants to exclude the heavier and larger items, than that would be reasonable to preserve their profits, but everything else should qualify.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

No one ever considers the fact that an employee has to be hired, boxes and tape have to be bought, work stations have to be built. air conditioning has to be supplied, etc...

Having said that, I never order anything w/out free shipping
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

lol.. I always paid 50+$ in shipping to Canada with AG, and they declared the package value higher than what I paid (basicly they don't apply coupons or rebates to the declared value so I end up paying taxes on a discount! - they say it's normal for insurance purposes to declare higher value yet they seem to be the only ones who do this)

anyways, I don't shop at AG anymore, after all the problems (leaking bottles, missing samples), I use their canadian distributors that have free shipping ;-) and more personalized service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    I hear you. Customers that don't know the system miss out. It would be great if they had a free shipping over "X" amount of dollars permanently affixed to their home page for all customers to see. Amazon does free shipping over $25, others over $75 and yet others over $100. If AG wants to exclude the heavier and larger items, than that would be reasonable to preserve their profits, but everything else should qualify.
    right on!

Post Thanks / Like

You can use the Code SHIP for free shipping over $50.00

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why I didnt get my DA "6 polisher from AG. I also got a 15% Military discount at Griots plus a free tall can of 3M Abresive Remover for free. I dont need all the extra stuff AG is putting extra stuff in the packages. I have another resource that is much less expensive then AG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mayassa View Post
    You can use the Code SHIP for free shipping over $50.00
    WHAT??!!! ^^^ It works!!! I never knew about this one.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just be glad you're not an international customer.... that $20 would seem like chump change for shipping if you ordered internationally.

Haha exactly, I'm one of those international customer's you speak of...Take that $20 and and roughly $30-60 on top of that depending on if it is oversized...plus we get ding'd on Customs...PLEASEEE Autogeek, help us International's out and figure something out for shipping to Canada for instance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just be glad you're not an international customer.... that $20 would seem like chump change for shipping if you ordered internationally.
    Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    lol.. I always paid 50+$ in shipping to Canada with AG, and they declared the package value higher than what I paid (basicly they don't apply coupons or rebates to the declared value so I end up paying taxes on a discount! - they say it's normal for insurance purposes to declare higher value yet they seem to be the only ones who do this)

anyways, I don't shop at AG anymore, after all the problems (leaking bottles, missing samples), I use their canadian distributors that have free shipping ;-) and more personalized service.
    What Canadian retailers do you use? Eshine? Auto Obsessed?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast