autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting racked over the coals on AG shipping costs

Ya i tried to show appreciation to AG for having the forum that has educated me so much that i was able to start a business. But the shipping costs and duty costs just became too much so i use a canadian retailer now. My recent order i got yesterday will be my last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ARizzle View Post
    What Canadian retailers do you use? Eshine? Auto Obsessed?
    LINK REMOVED they price match and offer free shipping on anything over $150. And you cant beat their customer service its impossible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I no longer buy products from AG unless there is a shipping special and no... I don't fall for the free shipping over $95 gimmick from AG or anybody else that uses that sort of marketing. I can get stuff cheaper from CG shipped 3000 miles to my house than places even in my own state. I'm buying more and more megs and duragloss products sold OTC locally.
    I couldn't have said it better. I get the emails that say free shipping...until you open the email and then it says for orders over $95.00. Who are they fooling?
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another avenue is to buy through their Amazon storefront. The rate for shipping is much lower but there are also NO BOGO's or coupon codes that can be used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayneezy View Post
    LINK REMOVED they price match and offer free shipping on anything over $150. And you cant beat their customer service its impossible.
    Lol at "Link Removal" Good idea shutting out a Canadian Supplier that spends a ton of money with your company. haha

Post Thanks / Like

There's lots of codes for free shipping, you guys should just google autogeek free shipping an like 3-4 codes come up. It's pretty simple. I have yet to pay shipping on any autogeek package, just have to shop smart!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayneezy View Post
    Ya i tried to show appreciation to AG for having the forum that has educated me so much that i was able to start a business. But the shipping costs and duty costs just became too much so i use a canadian retailer now. My recent order i got yesterday will be my last.
    many (DI, etc.) are doing flat rate shipping now and i'm sure their business has increased as this is obviously a main concern for them and their customers. personally, i shop around and give many small companies my hard earned money and if i receive excellent customer service, i'll continue to give them my business. no one company will have everything and the nice thing about the internet is being able to explore finding new avenues...

Post Thanks / Like

What Canadian retailers do you use? Eshine? Auto Obsessed?
    Both, service is amazing, and when they forget something in my order, they just sent it no charge, unlike AG that says "will send it with the next order" I replied "what if there is no next order" never got a reply...

Post Thanks / Like

Haha exactly, I'm one of those international customer's you speak of...Take that $20 and and roughly $30-60 on top of that depending on if it is oversized...plus we get ding'd on Customs...PLEASEEE Autogeek, help us International's out and figure something out for shipping to Canada for instance!!
    I had a 200$ order, add 50$ for shipping, then get an email stating that I had an oversized item (a 20$ gallon of rim cleaner) and that shipping would be 68$ more! so about 60% in shipping costs... yeah right.

turned around, got most of the stuff from another source, 40$ shipping with fedex, no oversize surcharge!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    I had a 200$ order, add 50$ for shipping, then get an email stating that I had an oversized item (a 20$ gallon of rim cleaner) and that shipping would be 68$ more! so about 60% in shipping costs... yeah right.

turned around, got most of the stuff from another source, 40$ shipping with fedex, no oversize surcharge!
    Same thing happened to me. I ordered a 1 gallon hyper dressing and got an email saying they wanted 36$ more for the one gallon of MHD. I just cancelled my order. It sucks but oh well

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast